“Cultural haven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Theater Baden-Baden (Festspielhaus)

Theater Baden-Baden (Festspielhaus)
Beim Alten Bahnhof 2, 76530 Baden-Baden, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
07221 3013-0
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 30 things to do in Baden-Baden
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The town's popular 19th-century performance hall has served as the home to the same acting troupe since 1918.
Nontron, France
15 attraction reviews
“Cultural haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

A huge (2nd largest in Europe!) auditorium, with good acoustic. Several bars and restaurant. Incredible series of world-famous artists throughout the tear.

Visited March 2013

Grootschermer, The Netherlands
11 attraction reviews
“Beautiful theater, nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I came all the way from the Netherlands to attend just one performance here (traveled on a Saturday for the performance, went back on Sunday).

The reason I went there was to see the concert performance of La Straniera by the wonderful Edita Gruberova.
I got there an hour before the performance started, had a glass of wine and a canape (not too expensive) and left my coat at the garderobe (also reasonably priced at € 1.50).

I liked the atmosphere, I liked the way all the employe's I made eye contact with smiled back at me. When I asked for directions or information they were very nice and very helpful.

What I also liked is that most people were dressed formal but certainly not all of them.
A tie is not a must and although I did not see people in jeans I don't think you will be stopped at the door if you want to attend a performance dressed that way.

Visited November 2012
Wiesbaden, Germany
53 attraction reviews
“Excellent Venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have attended several performances at the Festspielhaus and I think that there is not a bad seat in the theatre. I have never sat higher than the first balcony but having sat in a variety of locations, the seats offer a good view of the stage. One drawback to this facility is the parking garage. It is a circular cork-screw going underground. Exiting the garage is very time consuming. Unfortunately, there are really no parking alternatives in the area. If you are staying at a hotel overnight in the city, I would recommend either walking or taking a cab.

Visited October 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
16 attraction reviews
“a good program in a good venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I liked the opportunity the locations offers, provided good weather. Drinks and snacks on the square in front of the entrance of the venue.

Visited July 2012
Coolum
7 attraction reviews
“Bobby McFerrin - Awesome venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Great venue in good location. Theatre is amazing and huge. We sat way up the back but could see everything. After the show all the ladies were given a rose as we left the building which was a really nice touch!

Visited June 2012