“Sweet Sweets” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Sweet Sweets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a great place to snack. Go light on lunch and then stop here mid afternoon or go mid morning for breakfast. They have one of the best assortments of sweet tooth satisfiers I've ever seen. If you can't find something here to savor, you won't be satisfied anywhere. There is an unbelievably tempting array of pastries, cakes, rolls, cookies, you name it, to choose from. We found it to be a very relaxing experience. Seating is outdoors. Pets are welcome. There was an occasional bark from an alpha dog but most are well behaved and used to being around other dogs. Both of our treats were delicious. Coffee was robust and tasty. Service was fine. Weather was perfect.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Good Bakery, but Waiters are overworked”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We really wanted the Black Forest cake to go (along w/some other sweets), but I was informed that we had to eat the cake inside. It was a long wait to get drinks, but the place was packed. The non-English speaking waiters will not look at you or even disrespect you w/a snooty look (as can be expected). The English-Speaking waiters were very pleasant, but all waiters were overworked. The demand is incredible. As many have mentioned, the orders will sit on a counter a very long time until a waiter brings them (a little unnerving)! I was not impressed with the Black Forest cake, very little flavor (this was my first and last). I now understand why the Germans do not eat it.

Some of the candy/cookies were very good! We had the pleasure of enjoying them on the A-5 and A-8, they were very good! So, the serviced was not good, but the food was good. Anyone should try to avoid noon to 1pm, and I am sure it is better service? The cookies that we ate on the A-8, were very expensive (18E for 16 very small cookies) but very good!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“Best dessert ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were walking along the street and I stpped in front of their window full of cakes and pastrys, it was realy touhg not to notice as it looked beautiful.
We actually ended up going there 2 days in a row, first day we were there right before they were closing and since we already had a dessert at Kaffeehaus, another wonderful palce we didn't ant anumore sweets, so we took the quiches, I took the Loren and my husband took the spinach and tomato, wow, the crust was so flaky and crispy, the filling was perfectly seasoned it was the best quiche loren I ever had for sure. We did kind of struggled because waitress didn't understand english, so she called another waiter and his english was great, he is from Bulgaria, great guy, very attentive, so he helped us.
Next day I insisted that we go there for dessert, it looked so beautiful, we didn't know what to take for a while, finally I settled on an lemon tart and husband took the black forest cake, even though their system of waiting at a table until a water brings you dessert that is sitting on a counter is a bit odd, but we didn't mind. I can also say that it was without a doubt best lemon tart I ever had as well, and it wasn't even the filling, but the crust was literally melting in your mouth, hubby was equally happy with his dessert.
The service wasnt bad at all and it's a very classy place, little silver pots with cubes of sugar, fresh flowers, little pastrys with your tea, very appropriate, we really enjoyed it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
England
“A cake treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I visited Café Konig one day for lunch as we had been told that apart from desserts they also had a lunch menu. The welcome was OK, the too few waitresses were very busy and told us to grab any available table, which we did. We were about to leave twenty minutes later as nobody had taken notice of us, but from the moment when the waitress did come to our table things improved (especially when I tried to speak German) and the waitress redeemed herself completely. My husband chose a “fitness salad”, which looked and tasted delicious, whereas I had a simple baked potato with sour cream and salad. Considering the fact that by then the restaurant was extremely busy, service was not too bad. Then we shared one of the biggest and most delightful desserts… the Kaiserschmarren, a sort of shredded pancake with raisins and apple sauce. I didn’t want it to end (and it did take a while before I finished it, the portion was huge!). Absolutely delectable. Two old ladies at a table behind us had the same pudding, but didn’t share it and then visibly struggled! On our way out we stopped at the shop to admire all the cakes, bread loaves and other products on display. It was a busy time, as I said, and there were some empty cake stands, but there were enough tarts left to feed a small army anyway…
Great place for desserts, but also for a light lunch.

Mill Valley, California
“Pastry shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Forget the Black Forest Cake. This place has world class pastries, with their specialty being the fresh fruit varieties. There are many many choices here and all are excellent from the fresh blueberry tart to the chocolate Bundt cake. Everything is excellent in this great little bakery.

They also make their own fantastic chocolate bars. I am very picky but really like the chocolate bars with salt and macadamia nuts among others. They have an excellent selection of single piece chocolates, my favorite being the cream filled chocolate truffles, dusted with dark chocolate.

Their chocolate torte is really world class as well and may be the best single item here.

Get a little one person quiche to take home, (spinach or tomato) or buy by the slice from the larger quiche. Great for a microwave. I almost always shop at the pastry counter and save my eating experiences for elsewhere.

The outdoor patio can be nice and the old world parlor for quiche and salad is quaint and sweet but not a place for good coffee. Can be a long wait if they are busy as well. Better to go to Koffeehaus and have a good capuccino with a slice of one of their excellent coffee cakes (maybe sourced from Konig.) Come here to shop to take back to the room with you.