“Great place to eat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Casserole

La Casserole
Gernsbacher Str. 18 | (Fussgaengerzone - direkt gegenueber dem "Loewenbraeu", 76530 Baden-Baden, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
+49 7221 22221
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I went for dinner here and I was pleasantly surprised at what amazing quality the food was! I had a greek salad and it was by far my favourite greek salad that I have ever eaten. My husband had the rocket salad and absolutely adored it! Our entree's were also very tasty, I had the house chicken (I cannot remember the name exactly) and hubby had a steak and both were delightful! We were so happy to have eaten here. Baden Baden has many amazing restaurants so we were glad that we stumbled upon this place! Très bien!!

• Visited May 2012

Ripon, Wisconsin
“Excellent and Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

La Casserole (“A little bit of Alsace in Baden-Baden”) is located on Gersnbacher Strasse, a short walk from the baths. It is run by two delightful women who reminded us just a little of Laverne and Shirley.

The food was very French and very good: bier, dry white wine, sparkling water, duck liver paté, goat cheese salad, tiny smelt prepared a la Francais, frog legs,quiche
Lorraine, and for desert, plum ice cream soaked with liqueur.

We ate al fresco on the terrace in front of the restaurant -- a nice spot for people-watching.

• Visited September 2011
Dublin, Ireland
“Do not miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We visited this restaurant in September 2010 during a 2 day trip to Baden Baden. It looked like a very traditional little cafe from the outside but I'm so glad we went in! We had no reservation but were given the best table in the house looking out on the square. This is probably one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. Starters were frogs legs and traditional German tart with duck and lamb for main courses. It took us about an hour just to get through the main because it was so delicious you wanted to savour every mouthful. The lady who greeted us was really lovely and freindly and the atmosphere was nicely relaxed. I would go back to Baden Baden just to eat here!

• Visited February 2012
Brit in France
“un coin de France en Allemagne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

The owner is from Alsace. The food is based on eastern Franc especialities. We had lunch. The Flamenkuchen were excellent. It was nice not to struggle with German ;) (generally English is widely spoken in Baden Baden)

Visited January 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Great ambience, lovely staff and good food at a reasonable price, been twice and highly recommend!

Visited December 2011