“Realy disappointed!!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Realy disappointed!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

It wasn't good Food.
And too expencive for this food!!!!
I was really disappointed!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Berlin, Germany
“Pricey but not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This restaurant, up the hill near the Neues Schloss, is a bit of a schlep, but the room inside is very nice and the food can be good. Things like steak and lamb were great, but mixed grills of fish and meat were dry and overpriced. Some nice wines too.

Visited June 2012
“The Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have been travelling to Baden-Baden for many years and always visit La Provence for the Best Dinner in Town. Mr. Domingo and his staff make my guests and I like Kings. The food?, Superb! The Best Carpaccio and Duck with Prune Sauce.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Disappointing and overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a nice meal, and after viewing the menu online, I figured that I should dress up a little. As we walked through the door, however, I realised I should have worn jeans. The decor was rustic and reminiscent of a hunting lodge rather than a classy French restaurant. The fellows at the table next to us (and we were practically stuck on them as obviously space is a factor) had removed the tablecloth and were happily swigging their beer. The first thing I noticed after this was the cheap paper napkins. I mean a place that charges you 26 euros each for Chateaubriand and doesn't have a decent bottle of wine under 50 euros can't afford proper napkins? We ordered the French Onion soup and the first thing that hits your palate is the salt from the overuse of beef broth to disguise the fact that there really is no other flavour there. Although I found onions at the bottom of the bowl, they had no taste. There was minimal gruyere cheese (and in fact I had to search for it). Next came the chateaubriand for two which we ordered medium and my husband specifically instructed the waiter that we wanted it pink but not bloody. When it arrived we each had three slices on the plate, one of which was completely raw (I mean it was almost mooing). I asked them fix it and they were gone like 10 seconds and as far as I can tell, just rearranged the slices to face the other way. There was no bearnaise sauce which I expected, but rather a very disappointing brown gravy. The vegetables were boring and plain (who wants broccoli and beans) although the small portion of ratatouille on the side of the plate was tasty. The potatoes which were served on the side, were very disappointing. They were supposed to be (I think) a version of dauphinoise or gratinee but there was no evidence of cream and one tired thin layer of dried up cheese on the top. I had to choke them down with the house wine which was okay but I refused to pay 63 euros for a bottle of wine that I could easily buy for 15 euros or less at the store. To be fair, the meat was tasty (the pieces that were not raw), but on the whole it did not live up to our expectations and as far as I am concerned, should not call itself a French restaurant because I am sure that any true Frenchman would have sent everything back. The bill came to 98 euros before tip which was a lot more than what it was worth. Not really suitable for a romantic evening unless you want to get hit on by the drunk at the table next to you.

• Visited February 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London
“Excellent food, wine and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

A short hop up the hill in Baden-Baden and you have this beauty restaurant. With excellent French food and an excellent wine list, brilliant and helpful staff and a really comfortable and cosy atmosphere you could do a lot worse when in Baden-Baden. Definitely well worth checking out for a nice evening meal. Make sure you book however!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere