“Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Val d'Isere
London, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2007

This is the second time we have stayed at the Brussels but were pleasantly surprised at the recent tasteful refurbishments of the hotel lobby, reception and restaurant. and a new bar that has ben created. You cannot beat this hotel for ski in, ski out loction. The service is excellent and friendly, the hotel food delicious. We did have a complaint about the noise coming from the Saloon Bar underneath the hotel but this was quickly remidied and we were upgraded to another room and given a bottle of Bollinger to boot! So our advice would be not to have a first floor room..... The hotel is curently 3 star, and I have stayed in worse 4 and 5 star accomodation. Watch out as the management will be up-grading the spa ths year and then the hotel will be re-graded. If I had to complain about anything it would be the price approx 450 euros per night for what are fairly small rooms, however they are comfortable and cleanliness is at a premium. Val has some great skiing on offer but is an expensive resort with 5 euros typical for a cappucino or hot chocolate...

Stayed February 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2007

Just back from fantastic holiday at this hotel with fiancee. Rooms small but clean, staff very friendly and meals top class. Did experience a bit of noise from bar directly below hotel but this is to be expected due to central location. Great location and we were able to ski in and out all week as hotel directly at nursery slope and main lifts. However, as a beginner I did find resort rather difficult to ski. Will definately return though.

• Liked — central location
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yorkshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2006

I went to Val D'Isere with a friend in March 2006 and stayed at the Brussels hotel, both Val D'Isere and the Brussels hotel were fabulous.

Our room was great, it was spacious, cleaned and tidied very regularly (the beds were even turned down for us every evening!) and seemed practically brand new. We always had clean towels and the bathroom was spotless.

I had read a review prior to my trip to the Brussels hotel which warned that the hotel was noisy. I did not find that this was any problem at all, our room was very quiet as was the rest of the hotel.

The staff were really friendly and helpful (without being in your face) and the food was great.

In terms of location, the hotel couldn't have been better, situated right at the foot of the slopes near the lifts - you could almost roll out of bed onto the slopes!

If I had to mention one fault it would be the entrance to the hotel which could do with a spot of modernistation and was a bit fusty BUT all in all a great ski trip and I certainly would visit again.

• Stayed March 2006
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2006

The hotel is in a good position on the slopes and although not ski out (a short walk to the lifts) can be skiied back to. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The terrace is great at lunchtime and the restaurant very welcoming. There is also an underground garage available.

On the minus side, the ground floor entrance lobby is awful; the Reception is situated on the first floor. There is a nasty smell in certain parts of the hotel and the corridors on our floor were in darkness leaving us to search along the walls for the time switches. The locker room needs upgrading.

Our room had been refurbished but was very small. The bathroom was excellent with a good shower and a bath. The room was at the back of the hotel and quiet.

We found it expensive although I recognise that Val D'Isere is an expensive resort.

Skiing back to the village can be hairy as the runs back are partly walks or overcrowded slush ridden reds or blacks. Best to take the lifts down at the end of the afternoon for anyone other than good skiers.

• Stayed April 2006
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2006

Fabulous time was had by myself husband and two daughters age 13 and 14. We had stayed at this hotel in 2000 and liked its position to the slopes the rooms were very old at this time but what a change after refurbishment they were small but tastfully done,we were given rooms together as requested.
The staff were always very helpful and the maid even returned in the evening to turn down your bed and give a little extra tidy.
Fabulous Fabian in the restraunt was brilliant in helping my daughters and me with getting the chef to come up with vegetarian food every evening. As a meat eater my husband couldn't fault the food.
I read a previous report about the lobby and reception yes it is a bit shabby but it is to be refurbished in the near future.
We also like the fact it is small and family run in all a pleasnt stay with lovely hard working staff.

Stayed March 2006
Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2006

The only reason to stay there is it location, directly next to the cable car. We had booked the hotel, not finding any other rooms in Val D'Isere during the high season and French school vacation. We know now why the other hotels were booked and this one had still rooms!! We had booked a superior room, so its more spacious, the initial room we were given there were no space to fit in 2 suit cases!! so we asked for another room, which was better. The entrance of the hotel and the lobby have a terrible smell, the hotel said it comes from the toilets and will be renovated for next year. The lobby is uninviting, the food not delicious, light bulbs in the lobby are missing and are only replaced after we asked them. The wall mounted hairdryer in the room went dead after there was a short power break and there was not even a spare one in the whole hotel so I had to ask for to visit another room in order to dry my hair.
Overall, for the price they are charging its not worth, there are better deals in Val D'Isere.

Kent, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2006

Before going to Val d'Isere, the only review I read was the 'sort out the soundproofing' review here, and I have to say I was a bit worried about what we'd booked!

It was totally unfounded as the hotel is fantastic. The rooms are comfortable and very warm, plus ours had a bath for a long soak after skiing! We had a room looking right up the Olympic black run, so a great view. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The food in the restaurant was amazing, tasty and well presented. I wouldn't have been disappointed to get this standard in a 5 star hotel. The staff in the restaurant were also really patient with our poor French skills!

We had a room on the second floor directly over the lively Saloon bar, which we thought might have been a problem. But we weren't disturbed by any noise late at night. So I'd have to disagree about the soundproofing problem, especially as I'm a light sleeper!!

The skiing is literally back to the door and I think it must be the best location in Val d'Isere. The ski lockers are also free and there's a room for your boots!

I can't sing the praises of this hotel enough and I would definitely stay here again and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Hotel Le Brussels? Share your experiences!