“Very nice hotel, the location is not great.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Lyon-ouest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Quai Paul Sedallian, 69009 Lyon, France   |
Ranked #8 of 168 hotels in Lyon
Brussels, Belgium
“Very nice hotel, the location is not great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night at the beginning of November and for my purposes, the hotel was very good: extremely clean, easy parking, very quiet.

However, for somebody visiting Lyon I would imagine the location (far from Vieux Lyon and in a quite business oriented neighbourhood) is far from ideal.

The breakfast could also be improved, especially in terms of service (quite rude explanations on how to make the coffee) and adding some vegetables.

Overall : 9/10 if you don't mind the location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments and your pictures following your recent stay with us.
I’ve noted your remarks concerning the location however we do have a lot of leisure guests staying with us due to the fact that two buses pass right in front of our establishment and go directly to the city center. By car also it is a mere 10 minutes from the centre.

I have also noted your remarks concerning the service which you have detailed not being up to its usual standard, I will look into the way that the explanations are given.

I am thrilled that your overall impression of the establishment is a good one and hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Very clean and well serviced hotel.

Key concerns are distance from the central city. About an hours walk to the central piazza.

Also my travelling partner experienced issues opening their bedroom, and on a number of occassions had to get hotel staff to open the door. This was never fixed in the 2 days we were staying at the hotel. The staff had been aware of this issue for some time.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Nice hotel rooms. It has a gym which is really good quality.

Would be good for business travel as opposed to holiday makers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for your description of the establishment.

Please note that the issue we had with the particular door in question was fixed following your colleague’s stay as we had tried all other solutions and finished by having to change the locks.

Do not hesitate in contacting me directly for a future stay.

Heidelberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

DIe Hotel is a modern and new and with really nice rooms. It is a bit far , so you might need a car or take the subway. Parking in Lyon is very hard. The hotel staff is very neutral. I didnt feel like they were happy to see me. Dont ask them for advice about typical places because they have no idea. Really sad

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your review.
I am very disappointed to read that you did not find the service up to its usual standard. Be reassured that I have looked into the dates that you were here and rectified any issues that we may have had. This also includes a new Concierge guide which is currently being finished and will hopefully be in place for the next time you visit us!

We like to pride ourselves in our level of service and I would be thrilled to share this with you during your next stay.

Do not hesitate in contacting me directly for a future stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Modern style with a very tasteful decoration all around the hotel and the rooms.
Underground closed parking is available for those coming to Lyon with car.
Close to a very nice and ultramodern neighborhood with many high tech companies.
Cinemas and entertainment is in very short walking distance.
It is very interesting to walk around the hotel and explore the surroundings.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Traveler,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your comments on this website.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly appreciated the district in which we are situated.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Wantage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

A modern hotel with excellent, comfortable and very clean rooms in a suburb of Lyon. Good front desk. The Italian restaurant in the hotel is okay but not fantastic. Service could be better, while it would be nice to have a bar. Chairs in the entire hotel have an interesting design. For more dining fun go to the brasserie Ouest two blocks down the road. Excellent food, better than the hotel. For a business hotel the prices are reasonable (€ 97.00/night).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your remarks concerning your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that overall you appreciated the hotel and its services and am very grateful for the recommendation.

I duly note your comment concerning the lack of a bar area and take this into full consideration.

As a business traveler I would hope that the call of business will bring you back into our neck of the woods in the near future. Please don’t hesitate in getting in contact with me before your arrival so that I can welcome you back personally.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a gorgeous hotel where I had a very large room with an amazing bathroom, large closet, sitting area, desk with kettle for hot drinks, and a huge window with black out curtains. There are lovely public spaces, a great Italian resto and an incredible 24/7 staff whom speak four languages. I liken it to the Weston in America, which is a very expensive 4-star hotel, yet Hotel Lyon-Ouest was only 115€/nt for two twin beds. The full breakfast buffet was 15€. The only negative for this hotel is the location, it is basically in the outer fringe of the 9th arr of Lyon; it is a good 20 min walk to Gare de Vaise, the nearest train/metro station, then 5-6 stops to the old town or to switch trains for the shopping/financial district. A good tip is to take bus 10 or 31, literally right outside the hotel, to Gare de Vaise to save yourself a 1,5km walk through boring commercial buildings.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Christina,

Thank you very much for your review, it’s a real pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I especially appreciate the likening to a 4 star property in the US as although we are a 3 star property I do strive for 4 star service standards and am thrilled that this was exactly what came through during your stay.

With regards to the buses your tip is a great one as the bus stop is effectively directly outside the hotel for the buses 31 and 43 (not the number 10). Both these buses take you to Gare de Vaise metro station in less than 5 minutes and at Gare de Vaise you can change to take the metro 3 stops into the old town centre. Another tip is that the bus 31 passes through the town not far from the city centre which means not having to change transport at all.

A lot of guests choose our location for the fact that being slightly outside of the town centre the area is calm and peaceful yet not far from the town itself and just 2 minutes away from the ring road so making it easily accessible.

It was a pleasure to have met you on your travels and I do hope that the Lyon part of the trip made up for other parts which were not so much appreciated. I did enjoy taking the time out during a busy period to be able to hear all about your travels. Should you ever be back in this part of the world in the future please do not hesitate in looking us up!

Warm Regards,

Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here only 1 Night and I am was very pleasant surprised. The Hotel has its own Parking with entrance direct to the Hotel. It looks very stylish everywhere and the Rooms are spacious, clean and have all standard facilities, (free Wifi, Air con, etc.)

The Gym is on the 5th floor and also pretty decent. Breakfast was included in the stay and we where surprised at the selection. Of course you won't find here home made cuisine but considering the price I found you they had a log to offer.

Great place with easy access.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Relations C, Gérant at Hotel Lyon-ouest, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Andre W,

Thank you very much for your heart-warming comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel, its services and its location. Regarding the breakfast we believe that this is one of the most important moments in the guests day and so we go out of our way to offer a good-quality breakfast. One thing to note is that actually many of our products are home-made e.g scrambled eggs, crepes, fruit salad etc.

In any case we are very much looking forward to your next visit in what we hope will be the not so distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Lyon-ouest? Share your experiences!