“Great Location, accessible to everywhere!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Campanile Lyon Centre Gare Part-Dieu

Save Saved
You added Campanile Lyon Centre Gare Part-Dieu to your Saves list
Campanile Lyon Centre Gare Part-Dieu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Forum Part-Dieu 31 Rue Maurice Flandin, 69003 Lyon, France   |
Ranked #42 of 177 hotels in Lyon
Lima
“Great Location, accessible to everywhere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel is very well located, it was awesome, easily accessible from the airport, next to the train station and to bus/metro stops, almost across of the shopping mall. Couldn't have chosen a better spot (well I could, but definitely not at that price!!! and not with such an ease of transportation). The room is quite small and basic, I will say fit for purpose if you are only looking for a place to sleep. If you are looking for a traditional hotel, like standard sized rooms, have some bohemian lifestyle or are traveling with kids I would probably not recommend it, well, I don't know probably there are bigger rooms. The whole room makes you feel like out of an ikea brochure on very "bright" colors :) There is no safe in the room which is not handy, probably there is some place at the reception to store things. The other missing appliance was a mini fridge, but well, you can live without it. The hotel and the room were very clean. The only thing that I didn't like was that after the room was cleaned they left a dirty towel on top of one of the beds (good that it was not in the bed that I was sleeping!), guess that they were cleaning and got distracted. The weird thing is that it was not from my room (when I arrived i was surprised since I never leave towels outside of the bathroom and thought that I did, but then I checked and was not mine!). The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay in this chain of hotels in the future and definitely will recommend it with the caveats mentioned.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

On leaving Part Dieu station by Porte Alpes (not Porte Rhone and the Metro entrance) there was the Campanile just opposite. This was the first Campanile I had stayed in that was all under the one roof. It was lovely. I liked the lime decor. I felt secure and was impressed by the personal touch that the manager remembered my room number after our first conversation. The receptionists were friendly and informative; the room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed two delicious evening meals. I plan to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When I checked in, I let the receptionist know that we had brought our own travel bed for our 2 year old. She graciously put us in a more spacious room than we were originally booked into. The hotel is located very conveniently next to the train station. We were delighted to not have heard any noise from the train station at any time during our stay. There is parking onsite, which was convenient, but expensive at 11 Euro/night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
St.Petersburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel located near train station and very convenient for transit travellers. Room are practical, but small sized. Bathroom was convenient, had all needed amenities, however thin wall between room and bath was a fail, because you can hear virtually ALL sounds from bath, you can even talk to your companion without raising your voice. Though, sounds from outside (i.e. from hallway or street) were quite successfully reduced to none. Only one of guests can use desk (and chair was only one), although room was for two people. Restaurant in the building are a buffet-style mostly, even so you can order a-la carte. I'd recommend eat in central part of city. Overall, not bad choice, maybe little pricey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
PA,USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

When I arrived in Lyon on Saturday afternoon I was terribly sick. Since I was traveling alone, I apprised the receptionist of my condition, thinking of the possibility of not being able to catch my flight the next morning. I was so grateful to have been assigned the special needs room in which I spent my entire time in that city. It was perfect for my condition that day and the next morning, especially the amazing shower room with a wall-attached bench under the shower. Had that not been provided, I would not have chanced taking a shower and collapsing on the bathroom floor. The verbena tea and the electric kettle were also MUCH appreciated.

A few hours after my arrival when my condition had worsened, Komi Richard at the desk hastened up to assist me and, assessing the situation, sent for emergency help with my permission. He could not have been more helpful. What I saw of the hotel seemed very pleasant, although I was in no position to enjoy any of it. This hotel was very clean and as comfortable as it could have been for someone in my shape. If I had to be violently ill in a hotel, this place was perfect for that!

The bus for the airport is even closer to the hotel than the train station, which is directly across the wide plaza and the tram tracks from the Campanile. I did not have to waste time looking around for the hotel's huge sign on the building. I had made what turned out to be the perfect choice in making my reservation there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel was very convenient for arriving/leaving by train and/or arriving/leaving by the bus to the airport in Lyon. The staff is helpful and friendly, the restaurant is good, the room is quite comfortable, and the bathroom is very nice. My only criticism is that the room was too warm, even with the window open, otherwise everything was perfect for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Good location! Stepped out from train station, you must find this hotel. The interior design, colour and the lighting would not make you comfortable but they are clean and tidy. The standard room is OK for 1 man, a little bit crowded for couples. Everything is tiny and looks like a dorm. The breakfast is awful, everything is cold (even the pancakes/crepe from kitchen are cold) and not in good quality. It doesn't worth 9.5 euro.

Staffs are nice and fluent in English.
Ok for overnight stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Campanile Lyon Centre Gare Part-Dieu? Share your experiences!