“Ideally situated” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Campanile Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu

You added Campanile Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu to your Saves list
Campanile Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Forum Part-Dieu Rue Maurice-Flandin, 69003 Lyon, France   |
Ranked #46 of 191 Hotels in Lyon
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Ideally situated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

On leaving Part Dieu station by Porte Alpes (not Porte Rhone and the Metro entrance) there was the Campanile just opposite. This was the first Campanile I had stayed in that was all under the one roof. It was lovely. I liked the lime decor. I felt secure and was impressed by the personal touch that the manager remembered my room number after our first conversation. The receptionists were friendly and informative; the room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed two delicious evening meals. I plan to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When I checked in, I let the receptionist know that we had brought our own travel bed for our 2 year old. She graciously put us in a more spacious room than we were originally booked into. The hotel is located very conveniently next to the train station. We were delighted to not have heard any noise from the train station at any time during our stay. There is parking onsite, which was convenient, but expensive at 11 Euro/night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
St.Petersburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel located near train station and very convenient for transit travellers. Room are practical, but small sized. Bathroom was convenient, had all needed amenities, however thin wall between room and bath was a fail, because you can hear virtually ALL sounds from bath, you can even talk to your companion without raising your voice. Though, sounds from outside (i.e. from hallway or street) were quite successfully reduced to none. Only one of guests can use desk (and chair was only one), although room was for two people. Restaurant in the building are a buffet-style mostly, even so you can order a-la carte. I'd recommend eat in central part of city. Overall, not bad choice, maybe little pricey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
PA,USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

When I arrived in Lyon on Saturday afternoon I was terribly sick. Since I was traveling alone, I apprised the receptionist of my condition, thinking of the possibility of not being able to catch my flight the next morning. I was so grateful to have been assigned the special needs room in which I spent my entire time in that city. It was perfect for my condition that day and the next morning, especially the amazing shower room with a wall-attached bench under the shower. Had that not been provided, I would not have chanced taking a shower and collapsing on the bathroom floor. The verbena tea and the electric kettle were also MUCH appreciated.

A few hours after my arrival when my condition had worsened, Komi Richard at the desk hastened up to assist me and, assessing the situation, sent for emergency help with my permission. He could not have been more helpful. What I saw of the hotel seemed very pleasant, although I was in no position to enjoy any of it. This hotel was very clean and as comfortable as it could have been for someone in my shape. If I had to be violently ill in a hotel, this place was perfect for that!

The bus for the airport is even closer to the hotel than the train station, which is directly across the wide plaza and the tram tracks from the Campanile. I did not have to waste time looking around for the hotel's huge sign on the building. I had made what turned out to be the perfect choice in making my reservation there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel was very convenient for arriving/leaving by train and/or arriving/leaving by the bus to the airport in Lyon. The staff is helpful and friendly, the restaurant is good, the room is quite comfortable, and the bathroom is very nice. My only criticism is that the room was too warm, even with the window open, otherwise everything was perfect for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Good location! Stepped out from train station, you must find this hotel. The interior design, colour and the lighting would not make you comfortable but they are clean and tidy. The standard room is OK for 1 man, a little bit crowded for couples. Everything is tiny and looks like a dorm. The breakfast is awful, everything is cold (even the pancakes/crepe from kitchen are cold) and not in good quality. It doesn't worth 9.5 euro.

Staffs are nice and fluent in English.
Ok for overnight stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were on our second night of a trip down to the South of France and, because my husband had a romantic idea of just booking something when we came across it, we found ourselves half way through the afternoon, tired and with nowhere to stay and close to Lyons. We booked the Campanile because having very occasionally stayed in them in past years we knew they were far from luxurious but of a reasonable standard and clean!

The pubic parts of the hotel are very nice, as is the restaurant where we ate dinner and breakfast. Nothing outstanding but decent food and a reasonable price.

However, when my Husband opened the door of our room, my heart sank! Ahead of me was a "hanging contraption" in Campanile lime green, meant for hanging clothes because there was no room at all for a wardrobe. The room was minute and I would say almost claustrophobic but then again Lyon is a business centre and I guess this hotel is mostly used for one-nighters! I would not have wanted to stay any longer.

On the plus side, the bed was comfortable, everything was clearly recently refurbished including the bathroom and the shower was good.

Definitely not my sort of hotel but clean - yes, reasonably comfortable - yes and for Lyon - a reasonable price. My advice though is to do what we should have done and find a good B&B outside the City before you travel! We hit Lyon in rush hour, a nightmare and even with an excellent satnav it was still difficult to navigate!

Oh, and by the way, the hotel charges you for parking!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Campanile Lyon Centre - Gare Part Dieu? Share your experiences!