“Location touching the train station” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 rue de la Villette, 69003 Lyon, France   |
Ranked #6 of 190 Hotels in Lyon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Location touching the train station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The rooms are big and clean. This hotel is worth staying if you have to stay near the station. The hotel is just 2 min walk from the station. However if you want to enjoy lyon then have to stay at the city. Staff is very helpful.

Room Tip: Take higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team join to me to say thank you for your positive opinion.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Right next to Part Dieu station, this hotel was perfect for us as we were arriving by train. Our 'Privilege' room was worth the few extra euros - very spacious, which meant loads of room for 2 adults and a teenager; really clean and modern; coffee machine and free drinks from the fridge. The Metro was just next door but city centre a nice 20 minute walk away. Would highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Travellers,
I would like to say thank you to stayed in own hotel and to take time to share your advice on TripAdvisor. It is a great pleasure for entire Mercure Lyon Part Dieu Team to read your gratification !
I am glad to note that you enjoyed all our services.

We wish we will have the pleasure to welcome you during your futur stay in Lyon.

Best Regards
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Pros
-Next to the central station, with access to trams (to airport) and subway
-Near a shopping centre (walk through the central station)
-Nice modern new interior
-Quiet
-Free wifi
-Friendly and helpful staff

Cons
-None

Room Tip: I would recommend the deluxe rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu, responded to this review, April 24, 2014

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed here for a night on a quick business trip. I last stayed here in September 2013 and wrote a review of my stay then which was raving about the hotel. To be honest, I'm not sure why I was thinking this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at. Don't get me wrong, this is still a great hotel and I can recommend.

This time, it must have been more fully booked since the room was much more expensive so value-wise, it wasn't as great this time. But the rooms are still big with a comfortable bed. However, the free wifi worked much better this time and was fast. I had the cesar salad for room service and it wasn't anything special. I usually skip the breakfast buffet at hotels since the value usually isn't worth the price and I'm happy to pick up a croissant at a local bakery.

The strangest thing this time was the reservation process. I had booked through the internet website but there was some what was for me unusual reservation processes like writing me a personal e-mail on a different e-mail address for confirmation (even though I already had the auto confirmation) as well as not having my loyalty card number on the booking. It was just things that were out of the usual order so I was wondering why this time was strange.

Overall though, I might seem like I'm being critical, but it was wasn't the wow experience I remember. It's just a hotel, a good one at that, so expect a comfortable stay and good wifi, which is what I usually look for in a hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I would like to say thank you taking time to shared your feelings about your recent stay with us.
With pleasure to welcome you soon.

Lisbon, Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed at the hotel last week

- room was ok and clean, very basic - no body lotion in the bathroom
- nice and polite staff but a bit lost when asked a question
- service at bar and restaurant was slow
- breakfast buffet offers close to nothing for people with gluten or lactose intolerances (scrambled eggs had a lot of cream, no soy milk, only a dry madeleine was offered), tomatoes had very stiff and painful herbs on them

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
We are sorry that the service did not meet your expectations, and we beg you to accept our sincerest apologies.

Did you ask something at the restaurant about your intolerances because Mercure offer especilly some products for the gluten and lactose intolerences.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Mercure network.

Kind regards
Treviso, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This hotel is located very close to the airport express tram stop, metro station, train station, bus stop, restaurants, shopping center, etc... Excellent location !
Coming from the airport you don' t have to change the transportation. The hotel is right front of the airport express tram stop. Going to the Lyon center is just to get a metro. Quick and easy.

All staff in this hotel are very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a lot of different Mercure hotels in the world but this hotel is one of the best Mercure hotel, I could say.

Our room was very spacious and clean. The room has a safty box, a mini fridge, a big flat screen TV, a kettle and coffee & tea set.
Our room was face to the train station (platform) but there was no noise at all.
I think this hotel has a quite good sound proofsysytem. We slept very well.

We would definitely go back to this hotel in our next Lyon trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cécile H, Responsable réception at Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Travellers,

I am overjoyed that you have a pleasant moment.
With pleasure to welcome you soon.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Good clean large room next to station. Easy access to everything in Lyon including large supermarket and the metro. Although next to the station no noise. Would stay again if I returned to Lyon and would recommend.

Stayed March 2014

Best Regards,

Been to Mercure Lyon La Part Dieu? Share your experiences!