“Veggie lasagne was best I ever had ....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,726 of 2,331 Restaurants in Lyon
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
scotland
“Veggie lasagne was best I ever had ....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We sat here for two hours over lunch. What a treat - excellent food and service. My meat eating friend loved the steak too. Really worth a visit. There's a lot of restaurants in this area and we were delighted to come across this one. They made us feel very welcome and did not rush us at all. The food was fresh, well presented and served with a smile. Our French is pretty poor but the staff were patient and able to answer all our questions. Well done chaps.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Good Regional Food for a Very Fair Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

While walking around in the 5th arrodisement of Lyon we stumbled across this quaint little restaurant. It is loaded with old French charm with open beams, lofts, stonework, and decor of old farm times, yet it was very clean. We sat in the loft area (watch for your head for low ceiling) and enjoyed a nice lunch of extremely large baked potatoes, with stuffing smashed with cheese and topped with different toppings. My partner had the smoked salmon, and I had one with sliced duck, fois gras & a side of fig preserves. Each served with a green salad. Delicious and comfort food! Waiter was attentive and staff all very friendly. A stop we would recommend for those to attend. Very casual environment with good local food. Price for two with a carafe of wine was under 40 EUR. Check it out!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alexandria, VA
“Nice experience in a lovely setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Wow, I'm glad I didn't know about all the bad reviews, as I would have missed some delicious quenelle. Obviously this restaurant has some consistency problems and we must have hit them at a good moment. The setting is lovely in Vieux Lyon. We had actually sat down for a while at the restaurant to the right (as you're facing the front doors) and couldn't get service, so moved over to la Grange where we received very good service.

I got a classic fixed menu and the quenelle were fantastic! Different from the ones I'm used to, these were more like a wonderful fluffy fish souffle over a tasty sauce. My boyfriend had steak which he enjoyed. The cheese plate was local and delicious.

The waiter hugged me as we left. So, what I can tell you is that we sat down and had a really good Lyonese meal in a lovely setting. I admit, I actually hesitated to write this review after seeing so many terrible ones. There's obviously some problem here, but I must be honest and say our experience was positive.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyable for an easy lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I'm making it an average review only because the food was good, but not outrageously delicious. Although off the typical tourist-path, it felt a little like a tourist restaurant.

The waiter was very polite, but other (French) diners got their food long before we did. We always try to be extra polite when we travel to a country when we don't speak the language. That didn't mean very much here.

On the upside, the restaurant is in a nice, small square where it was fun to watch the passersby. And we were entertained by a French Elvis (the younger years).

• Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Charming on a warm summer evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Wow, am I glad I didn't read the TripAdvisor reviews before deciding on this place as our family strolled past looking for a dinner stop on our first night in Lyon. The atmosphere was lovely with little tables spread out in the Place du Change, checkered tablecloths and the promise of a 'bouchon lyonnaise'. Our service was attentive and friendly and the food delicious. Our 8 year old declared her creme brulee the finest of our trip so far, and after tasting it, I concurred.

• Visited August 2012