“Couldn't fault it - a memorable evening.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Book Online and Save Up to 30% *
Ksar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
*Some exclusions may apply.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #556 of 2,258 Restaurants in Lyon
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Couldn't fault it - a memorable evening.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

In Lyon for my son's 21st birthday and with two other couples, so eight of us in the group in total. Phoned to make a booking during the day and got an answer machine, so despite leaving a message, I checked out other options because I didn't expect a call back. But an hour later, call back they did, and all was good for the reservation - a good start. Don't be put off by the shabby little back street the restaurant is in; inside the design and decor are lovely, and downstairs feels a bit like being in a riad in Marrakech - all pastels and nice lighting. The attention from the moment we got there was excellent, and our waiter was friendly, engaging and very professional all evening. The food was great: the flavouring on the mini chicken pastillas and the briouates of goats' cheese was exquisite. All the meats from the different couscous dishes the group chose were good: the meat balls nicely flavoured with mint, and the merguez were meaty and spicy. The tajine of lamb with confit tomatoes and grilled almonds was my highlight. The carafes of Viognier house white weren't quite as good as other viogniers we've had in Lyon, so we tried the Macon Blanc which was very good. The owner didn't quibble at us taking a birthday cake for my son, and they kindly brought it down with candles and a firework at the end of the meal (thank you, if you're reading this!). The restaurant was pretty much full the whole time we re there; we had been told there were two 'services', one at seven, which we opted for, and one at nine, but nobody rushed us out of our table at any point. A really lovely evening. Total cost, including a 10% tip which we added ourselves was €50 a-head, but we did drink a lot of wine which brought the cost up a bit. Highly recommend it!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cambridge
“Fantastic Moroccan experience, highly recommended.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Stumbled-upon this restraunt, so glad I did. Wonderful atmosphere, very tasty food, and generous portions. Don't think they speak English but we made do. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Europe
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

It's located on a very isolated street whereupon I happened to see a new type of graffiti on the wall. It called my attention to look for more...and suddenly, a couple came out of a restaurant of which I said, hmm, interesting! I walked in, checked out the decor and said, "I gotta try it out".

I was amazed by the colors and the smell of Moroccan food which was very traditional and original.

Its a wonderful place for a change of pace with regards to typical Moroccan dishes. A great place to eat that tantalizes the taste-buds!

The servings are generous and the wine good, however; with this type of original dishes, well, its not cheap!

I had a lamb tajine with prunes and my collegue had the lamb tajine with tomatoes - wine (chat Kefraya). I would say that this was a 9.5 on a scale of 10.

Total price for two and wine: €64

Will definitely return for the food and the ambiance!

Visited August 2012