“Nice easy eat” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“Nice easy eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant has only one option... entrocote steak with unlimited supply of fries for 17 euroa. The steak was very good (very thin though) and they bring it cut in slices and in their special sauce. The fries are good. They don't have ketchup though if you enjoy ketchup with your fries.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
Lyon, France
“Delicious option when you're craving a steal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Looking for lunch on a Sunday (during a long weekend) didn't leave us many options so we were glad to have stumbled into this place. Yes, there is only one option for the main - steak and chips - but don't be turned off as it's so much more! The steak is cooked to perfection and the garlic butter sauce that accompanies the steak is divine! Great option if you're looking for a break from Lyonnaise cuisine or you're just craving a good steak.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
san francisco
“Yummy steak, but manners could help”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

So I was super excited to try another L'entrecote restaurant. This one is appealing to the eye as it's colors are yellow and black. And it was nice to not have to worry about more than just my drink and possibly dessert. So steak and fries are the only things on the menu. For 16,50 euros. And it includes a walnut salad which was delish. Being one of those asians, I don't handle alcohol so well (that classic red red face) so I just got a coke. So I assumed given their prime tourist location, it would be decent with English as my French is nonexistent. But after getting through "one person" in french and getting seated, the waitress comes and asks me in super fast French what ended up being (as she followed in perfectly good English after my confused face), "how do you want your meat done." I only understand simple simple questions in French. It annoyed me because she was very rude about it. She sounded like I do when I get frustrated with my mother. And seriously this is the first time i have ever encountered this in France. Not even in Paris where everyone classically states people get frustrated about having to change to English. But overall the steak was wonderful and delicious - they have their special sauce of course (?butter sauce of unknown concoction)! And the usual pommes allumettes (skinny fries) are unlimited. Apparently, after a quick google search, except for Cafe de Paris, some family member of the Gineste de Saurs family opened most of the l'entrecote places I have been eating at. Who would have though? I would love to go there again...And the price is much better than the other one I tried. But overall, minus the rude waitress you can find anywhere, the food is great and worth the trip esp for the price. I don't think their prices are cheaper at Lunch, so I would opt for dinner. And the 15,55% gratuity is included already...lucky for the waitress :)

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lyon, France
“Good food, good service, totally dependable - as long as you like steak!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Menu is only steak and chips, but it is excellent steak served in a garlic butter sauce, with delicious thinly cut chips (as many as you can eat). Starter is a green salad with walnuts, and very tasty. There are 2 wine choices - we chose the Bordeaux, which is good. Plenty of dessert selections available, mostly very good.

Prompt, friendly service.

Cost for 3 people with wine and coffee was about €70.

• Visited June 2011