“Thank you Christine for the lovely stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Chambre d'Hugo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyon
La Chambre d'Hugo
You added La Chambre d'Hugo to your Saves list
21 rue Victor Hugo, 69002 Lyon, France   |
Ranked #4 of 56 Lyon B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Thank you Christine for the lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My stay at La Chambre d'Hugo was delightful. Christine allowed me to both leave my bags upon my arrival in Lyon and the day I was leaving. The day I was leaving she was going out of town for the day. My train was in the eve, it was not a problem for me to leave my bags there all day.

Everything about my stay was perfect from the moment that I arrived. Upon arrival Christine gave me a pot of tea and cookies, along with a map of the city and some great suggestions. She is even kind enough to have metro tickets for you.

Her place is a quick 5-10 minute walk from the train station. It is very centrally located and easily accessible to everything. Both arriving Christine had sent me a list of restaurants. She was kind enough to make a reservation for me one evening.

Some people are meant to run a b and b and Christine is one of those individuals. No detail is overlooked. She has bedroom slippers for you, along with bottled water by the bed and some sweets. The room is very large even by N. American standards. The bed is so comfortable. I could have easily just spent the day under the covers. The bathroom is very large, with lovely large towels. The bedroom and bathroom are separate from the rest of the house and you can close off the door to your area.

My first morning's breakfast was such a treat. To walk into the breakfast room and have the table set with candles and fresh flowers. There were meats, cheeses, breads and jams along with some dried fruit and yogurt and a sweet pastry. There is only one room at this b and b which makes it nice and quiet.

Whatever information you need, Christine has it. She is very organized and happy to assist you with your stay in Lyon. I hope that I can return one day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed two nights at La Chambre d'Hugo and absolutely loved it.

The location is very good. Despite being on a busy street, we heard absolutely no street noise thanks to the double windows.

Our hostess was wonderfully gracious and attentive. She helped us with dinner reservations one night at an excellent restaurant nearby.

The room itself was very comfortable, with a very large bed, desk, reading chair, and plenty of natural light. The electric lighting was also quite good.

The bathroom was roomy and well-equipped with a good hair dryer and magnification mirror.

Breakfast was wonderful, with different options every day and a beautifully set table.

There was plenty of storage in the closet and there is a lift if you need it.

We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is only one room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for two nights during my 58 day trip through Europe. This stay was delightful. One is in a suite inside of the apartment of the proprietors. Their apartment is lovely. Breakfast is great. My room was of good size with nice linens. The proprietors were very helpful. Great location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We visited la Chambre d'Hugo in early November and loved it! Location was very central but yet the room was very quiet. Beautifully furnished with its own bathroom and free wi fi, it was lovely to return to after a great (but wet) day exploring Lyon. Christine was a fountain of local knowledge and happy to give restaurant recommendations and even made the bookings for us. The breakfasts were out of this world and showed great care, thought and attention to detail in their preparation. Excellent value for money (260 euro for two nights including secure garage).

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed in this beautiful apartment in September. The location was ideal for shopping and sightseeing. Christine is the perfect hostess, she made us feel very welcome and special! Such a lovely lady and very helpful , she recommended many lovely restaurants and cafes and places to visit. Our room was beautiful with a very comfy big bed, the bathroom was modern and Christine had thought of all the little things you may have needed.
Christine and Christoph were perfect hosts. They respected our privacy but were very helpful and kind.
Every morning Christine served breakfast for us in her beautiful dining room. We felt like royalty, the room always looked so pretty with fresh flowers on the table, candles and soft music playing. Her breakfasts were outstanding and always something different each day and each day different linen and crockery and pretty little dishes and pots. Cereal, fresh fruit, stewed fruit yoghurt, pastries, bread, little rice puddings, cold meat, cheese, crepes and beautiful home made preserves. You can see that Christine gets a lot of pleasure from preparing your breakfast it always looked so beautiful!
We enjoyed our visit to Lyon but staying with Christine and Christophe was the high light of our trip!

Room Tip: There is only one room, you are the only guests. Christine can recommend many places to eat.
Lismore, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is an elegant apartment decorated with style, Christine is a gracious lady and is very helpful always on hand to offer her advice to us during our stay, even obtaining rail tickets for us. Each morning breakfast and the table decor was different making me feel she receives as much pleasure running her B&B as we had in staying in it. Two nights was NOT enough. Walk out the door and Lyon's attractions await you.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 wonderful nights in this lovely apartment during Sept/Oct. The location was perfect for those shop-a-holics who like to browse or buy antiques, clothes and jewellry. Great location for visiting museums and eating at the countless cafes and restaurants.
Christine and Christoph were the most perfect of hosts. We felt like esteemed guests, treated with utmost respect and care. Attention to detail was faultless, from the exquisite breakfasts to the small touches in the bathroom... We enjoyed our stay so much that we plan to stay in Christoph and Christine other accomodation in Burgundy in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to La Chambre d'Hugo? Share your experiences!