We upgraded our room to an executive room so this review wouldn't apply for a basic stay. Normally, we stay at another hotel in Lyon near the Place Bellecour, but this visit we were attending a salon in the Cité Internationale and decided to try something new. We chose the Hilton since it is in the same complex. We loved it! Not only was the salon an easy walk away, there were several restaurants in the area, a movie theater right next door, the Musée d'Art Contemporain, the Blue Elephant restaurant and a casino. With the Tete D'or park on one side and the Rhone on the other the location was beautiful as well.
Access to the executive lounge was worth the extra we paid. Drinks and snacks were available all day long. We had breakfast there in the morning and an aperitif there at night, while watching the Rhone drift by below.
The room was large and quiet, the bed great, we both slept well. There was even an iron and ironing board in the closet, never seen that in Europe before.
There's a trolley right outside, between the hotel and the park, that can easily take you to the center of Lyon. If your guide is old, it might not show this. Ours didn't.
We'll definitely be staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the amazing "Park de la Tete d'Or" and the Rhone river and next to cinemas, the Museum of Contemporanean Art and the International Congress Center. Very well located at 20 minutes pleasant walking distance to the city center or 10 minutes by public Bus transportantion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lyon Marriott Hotel Cite International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Lyon Hotel Lyon
- Hilton International Lyon
- Lyon Hilton International