I stayed for three nights in November 2012. With my Diamond Honors membership I was allocated a very nice room on the 5th floor with access to the Exec Lounge. The hotel is part of a newish complex including a cinema, restaurants, an exhibition hall, casino and museum. With attractive river views on one side, it is situated alongside a beautiful park through which the city can be reached on foot in around 30 minutes. Alternatively there is a frequent reliable bus service adjacent to the hotel. The property is very clean and modern in style and staff were mostly friendly.
My disappointments came first with the unstaffed Exec Lounge which, although a recently renovated and good-looking space, offered rather unimaginative and restricted food offerings which were oftentimes plagued with swarms of small flies that gathered in the lounge. This lack of basic food hygiene was very offputting.
My second problem came when my UK/France electrical adaptor broke and I asked the hotel if they had one I could borrow or buy so I could continue to use my PC to complete some urgent work. The receptionist searched half-heartedly in a couple of drawers but couldn't help, and she then passed the problem on to the concierge who called housekeeping but they couldn't help either. So I was told by the Concierge to travel in to Lyon, find the Fnac electrical store, and buy my own. I find this lack of service incredible for a supposedly business-friendly hotel in this location that charges what it charges. The lack of help with this basic business essential really astonished me and at this point any goodwill I had towards the hotel was lost for good as my work stress levels rocketed. Perhaps the hotel will now decide to invest the small sum required to buy and maintain a supply of adaptors so it can properly serve its future guests? Let's hope so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the amazing "Park de la Tete d'Or" and the Rhone river and next to cinemas, the Museum of Contemporanean Art and the International Congress Center. Very well located at 20 minutes pleasant walking distance to the city center or 10 minutes by public Bus transportantion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Marriott, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Lyon Marriott Hotel Cite International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Lyon Hotel Lyon
- Hilton International Lyon
- Lyon Hilton International