Stay for 1 night before I depart for home, after my 1 month stay in France for work.
First of all, location is definitely great.
It is convenient located near the tourist attraction area.
Printemps is nearby, if you love shopping.
Lyon football club souvenir shop is just around the corner.
Crossing the bridge to the other side will bring you to all the bars and restaurants.
Breakfast is a bit expensive but include organic food as part of the buffet breakfast. Which is not so common else where.
Some down side as mentioned below but if is not of concern to you, is a great place to stay.
Room wise, small though.
Free wifi keep disconnecting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of Lyon and the shopping streets of the Presquile, the Mercure Plaza Republique enjoys an ideal location just 10 minutes walk from Old Lyon. Nearby metro and buses allow you to reach other areas quickly and easily such as the historicsilk making area known as the Croix Rousse, the Part Dieu business district with its major shopping centre, and the Cite Internationale with the convention centre and museum of contemporary art. The hotel is completely non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Mercure Lyon Centre Plaza Republique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Lyon Plaza Republique Hotel Lyon
- Accor Lyon Plaza Republique