I recently stayed here whilst at a conference in Lyon at the Centre de Congrès. It was either a €15 taxi fare or with public transport 2 tram trips away. It is right in the middle of a shopping area and was only a 10 minute walk to the Old Lyon area. The breakfast was great - scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes lyonnaise, breads, cold meats, cheeses, croissants and other French pastries, cereals and yoghurts. The coffee was ok but Starbucks is better! The restaurant across the road was good, although they dont speak very much Englis and the staff recommended some other good eating places. The staff are very helpful and spoke English which was great. My room was a good size on the second floor and I could even see the Rhone river. I would certainly recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Lyon Plaza Republique Hotel
- Mercure Lyon Plaza Republique Hotel Lyon
- Accor Lyon Plaza Republique
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of Lyon and the shopping streets of the Presquile, the Mercure Plaza Republique enjoys an ideal location just 10 minutes walk from Old Lyon. Nearby metro and buses allow you to reach other areas quickly and easily such as the historicsilk making area known as the Croix Rousse, the Part Dieu business district with its major shopping centre, and the Cite Internationale with the convention centre and museum of contemporary art. The hotel is completely non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mercure Lyon Plaza Republique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.