Overall the Mecure Lyon Plaza Republique is a good hotel conveniently close to the Rhone river on the West side midway between Gare Part-Dieu and Gare de Perrache. Very close to Metro station Cordeliers, enormous amount of modern shops along the rue de Republique. We received good service from the front desk and housekeeping. The room was quite large for European standards, allowing 3 persons in a room. Large King size bed and a sofabed. The one window in the room opens and faces the outside staircase, thus no view. Room was quiet from the outside noise with the exception of the morning construction at the adjacent building. Did not utilize morning breakfast at 17.5 Euros per person. Just a warning, early breakfast in the area is limited to coffee, tea and pastries. If you are looking for cereal, juice, coffee, tea and pastries then I recommend the morning breakfast. I would stay at this hotel again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of Lyon and the shopping streets of the Presquile, the Mercure Plaza Republique enjoys an ideal location just 10 minutes walk from Old Lyon. Nearby metro and buses allow you to reach other areas quickly and easily such as the historicsilk making area known as the Croix Rousse, the Part Dieu business district with its major shopping centre, and the Cite Internationale with the convention centre and museum of contemporary art. The hotel is completely non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Mercure Lyon Centre Plaza Republique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Lyon Plaza Republique Hotel Lyon
- Accor Lyon Plaza Republique