This hotel is located in the heart of the city and is great for walking everywhere--to Vieux Lyon (old Lyon), to the museums on the new side and just about anywhere. The rooms are indeed small (but all rooms in Europe seem to be small). The hotel staff was most accommodating and made reservations for us and suggestions of good restaurants in the area. Internet is free, if annoying to connect and the signal in our room wasn't very strong. If you pay for your reservation ahead of time, you'll get a better rate--but it is non-refundable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of Lyon and the shopping streets of the Presquile, the Mercure Plaza Republique enjoys an ideal location just 10 minutes walk from Old Lyon. Nearby metro and buses allow you to reach other areas quickly and easily such as the historicsilk making area known as the Croix Rousse, the Part Dieu business district with its major shopping centre, and the Cite Internationale with the convention centre and museum of contemporary art. The hotel is completely non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Mercure Lyon Plaza Republique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Lyon Plaza Republique Hotel Lyon
- Accor Lyon Plaza Republique