We traveled to Lyon for Valentines day 2012 and stayed at Cour des Loges as part of our Small Luxury Hotels membership. We found it wonderful, but also perplexing in some ways...
- Concierge service... top notch! We were so well taken care of.
- Breakfast was delicious and many steps above what we expected from a complimentary service
- Their wine cellar and sommelier... we had a private tasting that was again complimentary. Superb!
- Our room had a private entrance and patio, which would have been lovely any other time of year, but in February was cold and slightly inconvenient
- Our bathroom had a detachable shower head, but inside a jacuzzi... the sides were open which was awkward when trying to bathe. We ended up accidentally spraying water on the floor until we became more adept at its use.
- The worst was when we went to check-out. The woman at the front desk wasn't able to swipe our cards. Instead of letting us know that it was a problem with their internet connection (which apparently happens somewhat frequently?) she made us go to a close by ATM to withdraw cash for the entire weekend. This was embarrassing, and if we hadn't checked out with an hour to spare it would have made us miss our flight back home.
I would have given this 4 stars based on the rest of our experience, but our check-out experience drops it to 3.