“Fascinating” 5 of 5 stars

$25*
and up
Ranked #4 of 134 things to do in Lyon
More attraction details
Owner description: This stately old building is located in Vieux Lyon.
Guildford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fascinating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went to view the film sets and props, but were completely seduced by the miniatures on the upper floors. Every time we thought we had seen the most amazing object, we would come across something even more astonishing a little further on. A definite must for sci-fi and film geeks, but I think it's well worth a visit whatever your interests. Personal favourite was the replica of Maxim's restaurant in Paris, right down to the 2mm long cutlery. Just gorgeous!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Angers, France
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great sci fi - movie props and effects”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went in with trepidation, it was bigger than expected. Preferred the movie sci fi things inside than the miniatures. Take a bottle of water - it gets quiet warm with so many people. One good thing - there are toilets inside.

Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Strangely interesting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I wouldn't have thought to go to this attraction, but my friend wanted to. Afterward I was surprised that I really did enjoy it. There are many levels in and out of adjoining buildings that have large rooms presenting works. The first few floors encase relics from movies and some actual movie sets, including Perfume: The story of a Murderer. Never heard of it? Neither had it, so of course I had to watch it that night.
The remaining few upper levels revealed the bizarre world of people that built miniatures. Not sure if you're into that, but some of them were SOOO tiny!

Visited April 2013
Switzerland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went in based on other peoples recommendations and are pleased we did. We had our 10 year old boy with us and he enjoyed it very much as did we.

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My partner and I visited on a rainy day, but now we've been we'd both recommend going even if the sun was shining! Before you even pay the small entrance fee you get a taster of what's inside, to whet your appetite. It doesn't disappoint.

From the full movie set recreations, to dozens of special effects exhibits, movie props and scores of miniature dioramas, this museum really delivers. There's something for everyone - small children, movie buffs, mums and dads, older folk.

My one word of caution is that there are a LOT of stairs to go up and down, and many are steep or uneven.

Allow at least two hours to get the best out of the place. My partner and I took it slowly to let two large groups of primary school children get way ahead of us, so we could browse in peace!