“Great sci fi - movie props and effects” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 86 Attractions in Lyon
Type: Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This stately old building is located in Vieux Lyon.
Angers, France
18 attraction reviews
“Great sci fi - movie props and effects”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went in with trepidation, it was bigger than expected. Preferred the movie sci fi things inside than the miniatures. Take a bottle of water - it gets quiet warm with so many people. One good thing - there are toilets inside.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Strangely interesting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I wouldn't have thought to go to this attraction, but my friend wanted to. Afterward I was surprised that I really did enjoy it. There are many levels in and out of adjoining buildings that have large rooms presenting works. The first few floors encase relics from movies and some actual movie sets, including Perfume: The story of a Murderer. Never heard of it? Neither had it, so of course I had to watch it that night.
The remaining few upper levels revealed the bizarre world of people that built miniatures. Not sure if you're into that, but some of them were SOOO tiny!

Switzerland
8 attraction reviews
“Nice surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went in based on other peoples recommendations and are pleased we did. We had our 10 year old boy with us and he enjoyed it very much as did we.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My partner and I visited on a rainy day, but now we've been we'd both recommend going even if the sun was shining! Before you even pay the small entrance fee you get a taster of what's inside, to whet your appetite. It doesn't disappoint.

From the full movie set recreations, to dozens of special effects exhibits, movie props and scores of miniature dioramas, this museum really delivers. There's something for everyone - small children, movie buffs, mums and dads, older folk.

My one word of caution is that there are a LOT of stairs to go up and down, and many are steep or uneven.

Allow at least two hours to get the best out of the place. My partner and I took it slowly to let two large groups of primary school children get way ahead of us, so we could browse in peace!

Visited May 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Loved the cinema exhibitions but not so sure about the miniatures”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I loved visiting this museum and particularly enjoyed the exhibits with the masks/special effects from films. I was pleasantly surprised with how large the museum was!! I wasn't quite so sure about the miniatures exhibitions though - I agreed that it was very talented workmanship but the enjoyment of viewing them is limited and I thought 3 floors was a bit too much space to dedicate to this.. would rather have seen more film memorabilia.