“Ok food, shocking service” 1 of 5 stars

33 4 78374543
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
L'Espace Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #490 of 2,402 Restaurants in Lyon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Ok food, shocking service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We ate here on the 7th of September 2012. The restaurant is well located near the town square so it is convenient for the area. We found the food to be at best ok with my fiancé having a nice salmon dish. However we found their waiters to be some of the rudest in France. For those that have travelled in France extensively this is saying something!

I would not recommend you eat here unless you are a local and even then their food is not great.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Verbier, Switzerland
“High marks for this friendly classy brasserie well located beside Place Bellecours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed 2 days in Lyon mid August and therefore quiet because of French summer holidays, and so ended up eating here three times, drawn by the service and food, and the lack of nearby competition. The French-style menu was short and not elaborate but very well prepared and the service was excellent, fast, friendly and responsive. Detect a professional hand here. Yes one evening we tried two other restaurants in the vicinity, but abandoned ship both times, quickly detecting flaws.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great spot for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We arrived to town late for lunch, and the hotel recommended L'Espace Brasserie. We had a wonderful lunch - both of us had pasta - and the staff was friendly and helpful. Be warned, portions are HUGE.

Visited June 2012
El Dorado Hills, CA
“Traditional Lyonnaise Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

We needed a place that could serve us dinner early and our hotel recommended L'Espace as it is open throughout the day. I was hoping to have some traditional Lyonnaise dishes and was very happy to see the offerings on the menu and their prices.

I had the Menu Presqu'ile which is the 3 course meal for E25. There were 3 or 4 choices for entree and main course - and then you could pick from the full menu range of desserts at the end. I choose a wonderful salad that had all kinds of goodies in it (but be warned - their salad courses are huge!), followed by the Pike Quenelles in Lobster Sauce (Lyon is known for their quenelles). I selected the Orange Crepes for dessert, and they automatically split it into 2 portions since I had a 3 course meal and my husband ordered a la carte. Thoughtful as I did not have to say a thing, they just did it.

My husband had the Salade Lyonnaise - a famous dish with a warm, poached egg on top - E13. Wonderful. He followed that with their liver dish, Foie de veau persil, for E23. I do not care for liver but I tried a taste. For liver, it was delicious! Their house wine in a large carafe (Macon blanc) was E11. We enjoyed it so much that we ordered another 1/2 carafe. The dinner bill was E77.50. It was more food than we could possibly eat and you may want to split the first and last courses.

English was very limited but they offer a translated menu which is nice. I would absolutely return to this restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great all around choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

It was worth the effort - the staff were extremely friendly, very patient with our pathetic French - their English was MUCH better. The food was really nice and typically French. I would definitely recommend. The cost for 2 at about 136 Euro included a nice bottle of Sancerre and three courses, coffees and Perrier. Not bad value for the quality.We picked this choice off Trip Advisor - it took us a little while to find it because the location was incorrectly marked on the Google map.

It was worth the effort - the staff were extremely friendly, very patient with our pathetic French - their English was MUCH better. The food was really nice and typically French. I would definitely recommend. The cost for 2 at 136 included 3 courses, a nice bottle of Sancerre, coffees and Perrier.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere