“Desperately disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Paris
“Desperately disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

I've been to this restaurant three times because we were so impressed with the food and the decor on our first visit despite the service being slightly careless. The second time, both the food and the service were worse and last night everything had gone really downhill. The food was not good, and the service was careless, slap-dash and sloppy. Our reception was grudging, and in a half-empty dining room the waiter didn't want to take my coat, or give us menus. We finally managed to order, and the starters came fine but we then waited for well over an hour for our main courses which when they did finally turn up, were greasy and overcooked (mine was actually burned) and lacking the vegetables we'd ordered. When we complained the waitress shrugged. Finally, they gave us two glasses of sparkling wine on the house as an apology, but honestly, the whole evening was desperately disappointing and I now offcially give up. Despite the nice decor, we won't be going back and I advise anyone else contemplating Carmelina to wander off round the corner to any of the other restaurants on this street where you'll get better value and friendlier service. (Trust me, I live round the corner and I've been to them all, many times. Best value and best smiley service is at the La Pataterie.)

• Visited January 2015
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Stéphane B, Propriétaire at Carmelina, responded to this review, February 26, 2015
Hello,

We read your comment with great attention. We regret that your visit to our restaurant didn't satisfy you.
Could you tell me the dates of your visits ?