Did not find it in tourist books, but through local concierge and it showed in the other clientele - may locals and French visitors.
1. Restaurant and decor - The restaurant is a vey well renovated old building (first used as Jesuit accommodation) in downtown Lyon in an unassuming street. The decor was a delicate blend of old and new, that worked to produce a relatively formal yet comfortable environment.
2. Service - the young maitre de spoke English well and was happy to interpret the only French menu. The other staff did not show English speaking until later, but handled the service well and efficiently.
3. Food - Mushroom soup with adornments (see photo) and beef main (see photo) were both flavoursome, contained surprises (pleasant) and well presented. Wife likewise enjoyed her scallops and fish. Intervening pallets cleansers were also well done.
4. Allergies - Wife's gluten free allergic requirements were well handled, and courses changed as required.
5. Wines - The Saint Joseph red recommended (straight Syrah) was excellent as was the white.
6. Value - The meal was not cheap but was good value.
If you own or manage La Remanence, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.