“Another great restaurant in Lyon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Boname de Bruno

La Boname de Bruno
5 Grande rue Feuillants, 69001 Lyon, France (Griffon - Royale)
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Boname de Bruno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #397 of 2,268 Restaurants in Lyon
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Griffon - Royale
Milwaukee
“Another great restaurant in Lyon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy being able to make reservations online so as to avoid language issues so I reserved at La Boname de Bruno before I left home and I'm so glad I did! There were four of us and we all took the fixe price menu and had great taste sensations. The chef, Bruno, was quite creative with his food preparation. I started with a salad of eggplant wrapped around bacon and chèvre with a basil sauce. My main course was pork chops with a beet risotto. Colorful! My husband had a first course of rabbit confit with radishes and mustard and then lamb in a Thai sauce with noodles. Our friends enjoyed squid with asparagus and balsamic dressing and a smoked duck on puréed peas. The desserts were also outstanding, along with the wine. Service was excellent and we appreciated the chef coming out to chat after the meal. A very memorable dinner and a place I would definitely recommend.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

elgotto1@aol.com
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Delicious food, relaxed atmosphere and good wine list. We had simply the most delicious boar dish and we still don't really know what it was! We were nosey too and looked at just about everyone else's dishes as they came out and only wished we had bigger stomachs. The desserts, especially the passion fruit cheesecake, were fabulous. Having made the reservations by email the responses were always prompt and very accommodating. All in all one of the best we dined at in Lyon.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fabulous restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We dined at this restaurant after reading about it in a magazine about France and searching for more upscale than traditional Cuisine in Lyon. We arrived early and were welcomed in and the chef came over to our table as we were attempting to read the French menu to ask if he could translate and he read the entire menu to us in English. The food was wonderful, with great flavor combinations and top quality ingredients from starters to dessert. Was one of the best meals of a two week trip in France and the highlight of a day in Lyon. So glad we discovered it. Highly recommend.

“Best food in Lyon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011 via mobile

The talented Mr Bruno and his adorable wife Yeunli are a formidable duo. They passionately care for their gorgeous restaurant. I ate there on my last visit to France and always send my Australian friends to this little gem. I can't wait to be there next week. Definitely worth popping in for the lunch menu and going back for a long dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Geneva, Switzerland
“Here you can eate well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Went to the notary in Lyon who recommended this restaurant and brought us there. We enjoyed a 3 course lunch and it was very good. Good service and very good food at a resonable price.

Visited February 2011