“Worst food I have ever eaten in my life” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Machonnerie - CLOSED

La Machonnerie
36 Rue Tramassac, 69005 Lyon, France (Vieux Lyon - Quarantaine)
04 78 42 24 62
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux Lyon - Quarantaine
London
“Worst food I have ever eaten in my life”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

We visited this restaurant as it got great reviews. We opted for a set menu. First we had breaded pigs trotters. Bony, fatty, disgusting. Then a salad which was ok. Then breaded onion soup. It tasted a bit mushroomy and had soggy, mushy bread in it. Then I had tripe. Stringy, very odd, not nice. My wife had chicken liver cake. Disgusting. Surely it can only get better? Out came the cheese course. Sloppy cream cheese with herbs which you eat with a knicker bocker glory spoon. Tasted like tartare sauce. We still had a couple of courses to go but asked for the bill. The waitress insisted we try the lemon sorbet. It tasted like cow pats. Finally we got the bill and escaped. I really do eat absolutely anything and I can quite honestly say it was the worst meal I have ever eaten in a restaurant. In fairness I am British and it is just not food we eat. Quite possibly if you are French this might be considered delicious. The wine was good, the atmosphere and service were good. If you can prove to me that you are not French and enjoy the sloppy cream cheese, chicken liver cake and the tripe I will eat a cow pat. Nice restaurant but nit food which either myself or my wife enjoyed. Both of us thought this was the most disgusting meal we have ever eaten and that includes my mums no recipe soup.

• 1 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne
“Excellent traditional fare in the heart of the Old Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

This restaurant was a great find and recommended to us by the concierge at the Hilton. The restaurant is in the Old Town and serves excellent traditional Lyonnaise cuisine. The service is friendly. The restaurant is busy so it is advisable to book ahead. Overall, a great experience.

• Visited June 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Excellent local dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

Fun service with good hearty food. I had veal kidneys in a dark rich sauce - delicious.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A very real restaurant with good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

We went to this restaurant in Lyon as result of Tripadvisor recommendations - and it lived up to the expectation. Very good, real sud-est food, good service. Speaking french an advantage !

milano
“Very good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I have had dinner in La Machonnerie sevaral times. Location is nice well placed near Vieux Lyon. Staff is very kind and friendly. Food is great...meat in many special ways...good cakes. Good choice of wines...RACCOMENDED!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere