“Perfect place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Evian-les-Bains
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Perfect place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Location is super. Little delays at checkin. Seemed not as efficient as we are used to. As gold member we got an upgrade to the executive floor with great view over the lake. Executive lounge was lacking continuous service. The executive lounge and outdoor terras have great views. I certainly would recommend this hotel to friends!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great position; beautiful view; The room was well-designed and spotless. The hotel has a useful shuttle service and the staff were helpful and polite; nothing was too much trouble.
The Executive lounge was small but useful. The one down side is that WiFi is not free.
If you are wanting a romantic break, this hotel is not for you. However, as a convenient family hotel that is reasonably priced, with all modern amenities, it is great!

Room Tip: Try book a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel has so much potential for being first rate but is let down consistently by poor service. We stayed 4 nights and were not impressed. Whilst the suite was fine but not inspiring the service started badly and continued as such. During my time we experienced the Executive Lounge being unmanned and thus unstocked and closed altogether - apparently because they had to prepare it for some clients who were paying to use it........strange I thought that what hotel guests did!!! We also 'enjoyed' a leak in our room that the hotel seemed not to care about until after 2 days we demanded to move rooms because the carpet was sodden. To round off our stay we had a false fire alarm early this morning - happy holidays. As a Hilton Gold HHonours guest I am fortunate enough to stay at many good hotels - I won't be staying at this one again. Rarely have I seen a hotel make such hard work of such basics - especially when they are placed with a prime position overlooking Lac Leman and it should be fantastic.

Tsukuba, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Hotel is well located. Has very interesting views if you are in a top floor facing the lake.
The SPA is not impressive.
The food was expensive but the quality only average.
Tinny Executive Lounge full of families (busy and noisy). Not a place for relax...

Room Tip: Higher floors, facing lake!
Wemmel, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hilton is a bit more expensive than many others in Europe, perhaps because it is in a resort area, but there are specials and as a Hilton Honours member it is also available with points. That's a good deal. In all respects it lives up to the Hilton standards. Breakfast is not included. Parking is extra as well.

London, England.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed for three nights in August. The weather was great and Evian looked superb. The hotel is well situated on the banks of the Lake and is in easy walking distance of all the sites.

My room was a good size, brightly furnished and well maintained although it wasn't made available until 5pm on the day I arrived so I had to wait around for a couple of hours which wasn't the best start. The room had a very small balcony looking out from the side of the hotel but no seating there. I was disappointed that my Hilton Diamond Honors membership didn't secure me a better room but there was a welcome gift, Exec Lounge access and Wifi and the other Honors perks as usual.

All the hotel staff I met were friendly and helpful and I appreciated the complimentary shuttle ride from the station. The Exec lounge is at the top of the hotel and this offers a beautiful terrace where breakfast, drinks etc are served overlooking the lake. Service in the Exec lounge was mostly warm but always overstretched and tables were slow to be cleared and breakfast items were not topped up promptly.

All in all I enjoyed the Hilton Evian-les-Bains and would happily recommend this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Midwest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had to wait one hour and half to check in. It was written that the check in time is 2 pm but we had to wait until 4:30 to check in. They knew that we were waiting but it looked like our room was the last to be cleaned. Many cars were parked outside the entrance because the parking facility was full. However, the front desk lady (who looked unfriendly to me) told me to go to park the car in the parking facility. I went through every floor and every aisle at least twice, but there was no spot available. I had to pay to get out from the facility. It was very unkind of her to do this to me.

We had a twin room, but there was only one side table next to one bed and I had no place to leave my glasses, watch and flash light. Next day I told this problem to the housekeeping and also to the front desk. Both of them said that they would find and bring it to our room but nothing happened.

When I checked out I had to wait more than 30 minutes to get my car. I gave the parking card to the front desk lady (her name is Hajime.) I somehow felt that she was unfriendly, uncaring and lacked in sincerity when she said she would take care of that. I went back twice to check if it was being taken care of. Each time she said her colleague is taking care of it. I was puzzled because we were the only one waiting. After 25 minutes I told her I want to speak to the manager. Then, she gave my parking card to the guy named Stephan and he brought my car to the front entrance. My parking card was just sitting in front of her for all this time.

I travel a lot. However, I have never been treated so badly. They made me feel that I was the least important and the least cared for. My waiting for a long time is nothing to be concerned about by them. I am not worthy of their attention at all. I got the special non-refundable price which was a substantial discount and this might be something to do with the way they teated me. This hotel may be for wealthy clients from the Middle East and other places willing to spend a lot of money and not for common people. I WILL NEVER STAY AGAIN AT THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Expensive rooms probably nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Evian-les-Bains? Share your experiences!