“Good food beside the lake” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bedfordshire
“Good food beside the lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Enjoyed a perfectly satisfactory Plat de Jour meal here. The service was good and friendly. You are close to the lake on one side and a busy road on the other. Given more time on holiday, would have been happy to return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
  • Polish first
Lake Stevens, Washington
“Best Creme Brulee EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We took the boat from Lausanne to Evian using our Swiss pass. We were looking for something to do and lunch sounded good so I typed in creme brulee and came up with a tripadvisor recommendation for this restaurant. We had to walk about a mile or so to reach it from where the boat let us out, but it was worth every step. We were early so they were not even open when we arrived at 11. They were nice enough to interrupt their lunch and seat us as well as offer us drinks and after asking, creme brulee (before lunch) All three of us declared it the best we had ever eaten. The portion was huge. The custard had lavender at the bottom which gave it a very unique taste. Most pleasant! We all chose the menu du jour for lunch and were not disappointed. It came with basil salad (basil, tomatoes, and oil/vinegar) then then entree was rabbit, peas, and a triangle of fried shredded potato. We were seated outdoors under a canopy with a very nice view of the lake.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge
“Excellent food, great stuff and generous portions.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went with my husband to the Tibetan cafe (weird name as they only serve french food).
We order the set menu (EUR25 each) plust water and wine. The meal for two came up at EUR 62.
Starters: fried bait, large portion (great) and extremely good! It has been long time since I ate such a good starter.
Main: I have the coquete, a small chicken butterflied and roasted with salad and small butternut squash puree and and aubergine slice topped with a tomato topped with courgette. it was wonderful, the chicken was juicy, and the veggie tower was tasty, the puree was unique and I could do with some more of it! I also had the potatos gratin that were very good but I didn't managed to finish. My husband took the steamed fish and it was delicious, so he said.
Desert, I had the creme brulee.... the lady before was right. one of the best creme brulees I tasted. My husband took the baba rhum and he said that it was good.
Overall... great restaurant and will eat there again.
I should mention the service that was very good and atentive. We do not speak French and they were very preocupied that we understood the menu, etc.
Lovely place and nice people.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“traditional french restaurant with with cheap decoration”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

a restaurant that I will have forgotten by tomorrow. too much light in the restaurant, no music, staff that never smile.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Evian-les-Bains, France
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

A sure bet in winter and summer. Fresh food, good service. A place to visit on a regular basis. They always have a good special and serve good lake fish.

Visited August 2012