This hotel is decorated in the traditional alpine style. It is divided in different chalets hosting each around 4 to 6 rooms. Each chalet has its own ski room.
On the positive side:
- It is located on the slopes.
- It offers an excellent restaurant : La table du Kilimandjaro (excellent food for lunch, dinner and breakfast).
- It has a very good spa with an awesome outdoor hot tub surrounded by snow.
-The concierge is really helpful and managed to organize all our programs.
- A shuttle is available to take you free of charge anywhere in Courchevel 1850.
- On the way back to the airport they had prepared for us a snack box for the road.
- Beds are soooo comfortable
On the negative side:
-We had booked and fully paid our stay 4 months in advance to get 4 rooms in the same chalet for our group of 8 but upon arrival we had a bad surprise : they had changed the bookings without telling us!
-We ended up in different chalets in the less comfortable rooms (ours has such a high toilet you cannot touch the ground when seated, the shower has no door so it splashes the whole bathroom and the shower head was broken, when you sit on the desk chair you block the way as it touches the bed).
-The waiter in the lobby is a Russian trainee. He barely understands french or english.
-No refill for the cookies offered at the bar in the afternoon.
-Some of the days they skipped the night service.
-The ski shop in the hotel is hugely overpriced (125 euros per person per day for skis and boots! At this price -1000 euros for 4 days per couple- you'd better buy new ones or bring yours with you).
-Rooms are not well sound proofed so you do hear a lot of noises (at least ours)
-It is far from the village
I would have been less picky hadn't we paid around 1000 euros a night!!
We did feel that their target clientele is Russians which is not our nationality... We will not return.
- Also Known As:
- Le Kilimandjaro Mountain Hotel Courchevel