“Service has been Excellent.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Kilimandjaro Mountain Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Courchevel
Le Kilimandjaro Mountain Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Courchevel 1850 M, Courchevel, France   |
Ranked #13 of 52 hotels in Courchevel
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Service has been Excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I travel on a regular basis. The entire staff is attentive to our needs and extremely friendly. The food and lodging have both exceeded our expectations and the ski in ski out was great. Even the $15 Hot Chocolate (most expensive we have ever had by double) was worth the price!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

So these guys have thought of everything re. Service. It's simply the best service I’ve ever received at any hotel in my life. Sometimes it's just too much or not enough ... but this was perfect. The evening concierge was superb, he was like a wizard, anything we wanted .. he got it.

The rooms were really lovely. I think we had just a normal room, 1 main room with a super king sized bed, couple chairs and a massive bathroom filled with La Prairie shower and bath products. The pillows on the bed were not very comfortable but not to fear, they have any kind of pillow you could ever want :-) The one problem we had with our room was that it was on the ground floor, outside the entrance to the boot room and lift and it was really noisy in the morning. For some stupid reason the people above us were up at 6am walking around in their ski boots, i mean seriously. The lifts didn't open until about 8:30, keeners who don't know how to use a boot room. Not a good room for people who like a bit of a party and up a bit later for breakfast and ski. Oh, and the rooms were soooooo hot, need to get the wizard to turn the temperature down for a comfortable sleep. Blackout blinds are great!

We had 1/2 board which meant breakfast was included as well as either lunch or dinner. The breakfast was average to be honest ... but the lunch and dinner menu was brilliant, really really nice! I was impressed with the food in the restaurant.

We got our skis from the ski shop in the hotel, ok ... WORNG price. Don't use this ski shop if you are renting skis. For 2 of us to hire skis and poles for 8 days it cost us 1520 euros. It's more than the cost of 1 pair of skis.

The hotel bar was dead, usually my boyfriend and I were the only ones in there. You really need to get a lift into 1850 if you want any atmosphere while drinking.

There is an outdoors hot tub, it's amazing when it's snowing (and the bar guys will serve you drinks while you are in it if you ask nicely)

The hotel is quite far from 1850 town itself ... the have shuttle cars to take you down and bring you back up. These are perfect, we never had to wait for more than 10 minutes at either end and to the best of my knowledge, they are 24 hours.

Overall it was a great hotel, I would defo go again.

Room Tip: try and get a room which is NOT next to the boot room and the lift. Try not to get a room on the gr...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pomport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Had a coffee and a hot chocolate on the terrace and the bill was 24 Euros.Those prices are outrageous even for a luxiurious place like Hotel Killimandjaro. We suppose that Russians have the money to pay those prices since there were lots of them there.. Luckily there are other places,even in Courchevel, with more pocketbookfriendly prices. The quality of the drinks was nothing to write home about but the seats were soft and nice.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

I've been to Courchevel many times and have stayed at different hotels. This year I stayed with my family and I've got to say it has been a wonderful experience. Rooms are incredible, beds could not be any more comfortable, food is excellent and service is impeccable.
Only thing to keep in mind is that the hotel is quite far from the village so sometimes it takes a while to wait for the shuttles to come and pick you up. Apart from that, everything else is simply GREAT!
I will not look for another hotel when I return to Courchevel.

• Stayed December 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stayed here with my family for a week over school Easter Holidays, it was a magical experience. We were treated like Kings. The food in the restaurant was superb and I loved the modern take on the cooking. The hotel was clean, the staff were very helpful and I even got picked up from the centre of Courchevel at 3 in the morning by the hotel taxi. I can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Ripon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Well - where do I start! If you have the chance to stay here, and are willing to not let the cost of the extra's (mainly drinks) bother you, then jump at it! The best skiing hotel we have ever stayed at! The week in Jan 2011 was just fantastic. The staff are very helpful, the ski in/out second to none and the rooms stunning.

The pool/relaxation area is beautiful and so very well maintained. The singers that entertain you on an evening are so talented and a pleasure to listen to after a long day on the slopes, with a gin in hand! (27 euro for a gin and tonic however!)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

My best skiing holiday ever looking forward to going back.The food was 5star loved the beds.

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Le Kilimandjaro Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!