“best japanese in france” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 171 Restaurants in Chamonix
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
London
“best japanese in france”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

run by a japanese skiier who moved to Cham for the mountains: real authentic flavours, great service, great price great atmosphere and it has a special bottom washing and drying japanese loo .. what more could you ask?

• Korean first
Arlington, Virginia
“Oishikatta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

For a restaurant so far away from Tokyo, Satsuki was wonderful. The staff is mostly Japanese - which helped since I don't speak French. ;-) Great service, diverse menu. Who'd have expected Nihon-shoku in Chamonix, France?

Visited January 2012
Gibraltar
“My food was great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

My food was great, it was very good, but I only eat vegetables. The others I was here with weren't happy but I didn't see the problem with the food. The service was good, but I don't know if the people were Japanese.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fredrikstad, Norway
“REAL JAPANESE, BY JAPANESE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Authentic, fantastc miso, traditional kitchen but well made

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
lake district
“Japanese restaurant run by Japanese staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Having lived in Japan for many years, I love to visit Japanese restaurants when I get the chance and overall I would say the food here is good. I had lunch here a few days ago and my friend had the set menu at 8.80 euros whilst I had the set menu with Tempura for 20. The restaurant is authentically decorated inside and the toilets are beautiful AND...has a heated toilet seat! Great for cold bottoms from the snow!

The restaurant got quite busy during the lunch service and there were alot of English people and Japanese. The food was good but I felt the Tempura set was expensive, as were alot of other dishes on the menu, although I do appreciate the cost of buying Japanese ingredients in France is high. The food was beautifully presented and the service was excellent. We rounded off the meal with Mochi balls filled with bean paste which were yummy, I was surprised to find them in France.

The menu is sushi, makisushi, tempura, hot and cold noodles, some good starters and wide choice of desserts. I would recommend this restaurant and will return.

• Visited December 2011