“Cracking Week” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cold Fusion Chalets

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chamonix
Cold Fusion Chalets
You added Cold Fusion Chalets to your Saves list
Les Praz, 74400 Chamonix, France   |
Ranked #3 of 26 Chamonix B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Cracking Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about the Cold Fusion experience. From the minute I was met at the airport by Mountain Dropoffs I knew I was in good hands. I was staying in Chalet 1, the larger of the 2 chalets. My room was a decent size (had single occupancy) and the bathroom although slightly small, was perfectly adequate. Our chalet hosts Andy and Katie just couldn't do enough to help - nothing was any trouble and the food was really great! They will cater for just about anybody! The Brownie's were always happy to help and provided some serious entertainment on journeys to and from the different ski areas.. Look out for Dawnette - she only comes out once a week but she is great fun!
The chalet is situated in Les Praz which is really near to the Flegere ski area (up the cable car), probably one of my favourite ski areas, linked to Brevent and great for folk wanting to do blues and reds. Some of the team (Dawn our rep and Steve the owner) took us all over to Courmayeur for the day on Thursday which was absolutely stunning despite my hangover - Courmayeur is breathtaking and there is something for everyone in terms of runs.
In addition to the wonderful Cold Fusion team, I was absolutely blessed with my chalet mates.. I haven't laughed so much in a long time and really enjoyed everyone's company. Both chalet 1 and 2 bonded really well and I am still chuckling at the antics and carnage of the downstairs bar every evening. I'm missing everyone already! Nothing better than discussing the day over a beer in the hot tub!
Cold Fusion is a fantastic concept and anyone who is considering going, just do it - you'll have an absolute blast! Can't wait to book next year!!
Thanks to everyone for an epic week!!

Families
Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have to be honest that I do feel let down by this skiing holiday and this is mainly due to the hosts and ski rep for Chamonix, Dawn. I wish that I had booked to stay in the smaller chalet with the Brownies as they had an amazing "can do and will do" attitude. They went out of their way to ensure their guests were getting the most from this holiday.
The food was good, although homely and not gourmet as suggested online. I also feel that we were moved on very quickly every night from the dining room to another room so that the table could be laid for breakfast the next day, this was shame as this broke up conversations and the atmosphere.
Perhaps my biggest gripe would be that anyone who booked ski lessons was told at the welcome meeting that they would not be able to have a cooked or hot breakfast as they would be leaving before the staff were ready to serve...perhaps a reduction on price should be offered if this is the standard or the staff could have started slightly earlier?
Finally Dawn the rep was very keen to point out that she should not be contacted between 10 and 4 every day as she would be skiing or sleeping! She was grumpy and did not represent Cold Fusion well. Steve was very helpful and ensured he had a presence for guests.
I met some lovely people on this holiday and did enjoy my break but not sure I will book with Cold Fusion again.

Room Tip: Don't pick the mezzanine rooms as they are very noisy.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Have just returned from a great week skiing in Chamonix with CF! Have met sooo many lovely,friendly people and have been well looked after by the amazing chalet hosts - and anybody that has been before knows I am talking about the AWESOME BROWNIE BOYS!!

Yummy food, beautiful location, big smiles all around :) I have laughed so much this week (on and off the slopes!)

Thank you Cold Fusion - The princess will be back soon!

Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I first discovered cold fusion a few years ago and stayed in the smaller chalet in Chamonix and had an enjoyable week. So when a friend approached me this year about a ski trip but announced she'd only done a few days ( this was my 10th trip) I thought the cold fusion formula may work again.... And it did!! We stayed in Morzine and both had a brilliant week. The chalet caters for 10 people and is quite small and cozy but has all that you require, including an indoor hot tub put to good use by several of us, when we had to leave the mountain early due to torrential rain and a thunderstorm!

JJ and Ben were great hosts. They've done it for a few seasons now and make things seem effortless. Not only did they organise the essentials for us in terms of equipment and passes, they provided personalised drop offs around the area, suggested nice evening activities (torch lit parades, ice hockey games, micro brewery visits etc) and cooked up some great dinners.

I've not been to Morzine before but would most definitely return. It is a traditional village with access to an extensive ski area, catering for all abilities. I had lessons with ESF in the morning and then would usually meet the other chalet guests for the afternoon. The cold fusion formula of providing a holiday for like minded people who love the mountains works brilliantly and I would definitely book with them again. (I forgot to mention that 2 of the guests staying during my week were already return customers to the chalet, so the team are obviously doing things right).

Out of my 10 ski trips, this was by far one of the most enjoyable and I wouldn't change anything about the week I had (other than wishing for slightly better weather). I wish I could go again but it seems others already know how good Morzine is as it's fully booked for the rest of the season.

Ps they have a private masseuse that comes in a revives tired bodies during the week. I've never had that option available before so decided to try things out. It was an excellent investment!!

Epping, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Ok, this is a rarity for me but its a good thing that people know the whole truth about Cold Fusion. here we go....

Before travelling I was a bit apprehensive. Indeed, I was not entirely sure about what I would find and how the holiday would go as normally my holidays involve friends and/or family. This was a major departure and to be frank I wasn't sure if I would like it, would have anyone to ski with, or would bond with my fellow guests. Oh how knowing what I know now could have helped!

Firstly, the holiday was fantastic. The Cold Fusion team at Chamonix (Andy, Katie, Dawn, Browney 1, Browney 2, Sammy, Steve) are detail orientated. Everyday we were given options, advice, support and taken care of (this included Katie and Dawn finding me stranded up a mountain after my legs gave out on there day off and coaching me back to the bottom - am going to be forever grateful Katie! - or Dawn offering to take me up Aiguille du Midi when I took a rest day). So item 1 – the team take care of you and do there best to make sure you have a great holiday.

Secondly, friends on the mountain. I have been off the snow for 22 years and to say I have gone backwards was an understatement, however from day 1 there was always someone to go out with. Across the week I pretty much hit the piste with everyone in the chalet. I am reliably informed that unless its an advanced or beginners week then there is always a good mix or advanced, intermediate and beginners. We skied a lot of the same areas, and met up for lunch on the mountain. If people wanted to ski different mountains then there was always someone who fancied an adventure.

Thirdly, we had 18 people in our chalet, ageing between late 20s to mid 50s. We pretty much all bonded and are already swamping our Facebook group with photos and messages. Maybe we got lucky, but I doubt it. Cold Fusion attracts likeminded people, who want to ski, apres and have a good time. We all had lots in common and everyone was respectful. The whole chalet experience was amazing and the people (from staff to guests) just made it all the better. Oh if you are asking the romance question then this is where I may disappoint you as there wasn't really a lot of this. Yes most people are single, but no this isn't 'Chamonix Gone Wild'. Like everything in life you get a group of singles with common interests then there is bound to be at least one couple emerge, but this isn't a hook up holiday.

Oh I know what I wanted to ensure you good people were aware of...... if you think you are going to lose weight skiing then forget it. There is no way, I repeat NO WAY, you are going to experience Katie and Andy's cooking without sticking on the weight. One word - Gourmet. I don't remember a plate going back with food on it - despite rather generous portions. Mmmmmm food.

Better tell you about the skiing part. Chamonix is a mecca for the mad, a good rule of thumb is that the best snow lovers from across the globe decend on this place as its gets stuffed with powder and has some bonkers runs. However, Its also got a lot of everything else, from some gentle greens at Flegere to insane but wide blacks on Grand Montets. There are a couple of rather special reds at Le Tour and a stunningly beautiful blue that wraps around to Vallorcine. The off piste everywhere is amazing but book a guide. You will almost certainly get the chance to go across to Italy and ski Courmayeur - its simply amazing - do not miss it!

Overall, this was a brilliant holiday in a fantastic location with amazingly magnificent people. The chalet was great, the staff a joy (again special thanks to the Chalet 1 team of Andy, Katie and Dawn for being so very good to me), my fellow guests were awesome and the food was lusciously spectacular. Lets just say that it was a good holiday!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Shared most peoples' reluctance to venture on such a holiday alone, but was made to feel so welcome from the moment I arrived in Geneva. Collected by the Mountain Drop-Off guys, who were brilliant. Arrived at Chalet 1 in Chamonix and met up with the rest of the group. From that moment, I don't think we stopped talking and laughing! Andy and Katie were on shift for the first couple of days - what a fantastic couple they are - the hosting and food were second to none. Although I had lessons for the first few days, I joined the rest of the group for the next few days. Although we were a mix of boarders and skiers, there is always someone to ski with, who may share your desire to stop more frequently for vin chaud (or Bombardinos if in Italy!!!)!!! Day to day running's were excellently managed by Dawn, who sorts everything from lessons to mountain guides, lifts to town to trips to Italy, from ski passes to nights on the town!!!
The only 'slight' complaint I have would be regarding the size of the room I was in and the lack of wardrobe space (ie none!!). But I was lucky enough to have single occupancy, so I cant really complain!
I would not hesitate to go on another CF trip - am promoting it to all of my friends, single and married!!

Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

What can i say apart from you did me proud again. Good food, entertainment, staff were so much fun as always. Wish I could of stayed another week. Look forward to coming again next year.
Lance Whittington

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Cold Fusion Chalets? Share your experiences!