“Amazing value, hosting, food and drink, relaxation, nightlife.... What more do you want?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cold Fusion Chalets

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chamonix
Cold Fusion Chalets
You added Cold Fusion Chalets to your Saves list
Les Praz, 74400 Chamonix, France   |
Ranked #3 of 26 Chamonix B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

I have been to the Chamonix CF chalets three times this year, and will be going back at Easter, so am clearly a fan!
The holiday concept is excellent and provides opportunities to find skiers / snowboarders of a similar ability. Moreover, other guests are often interesting and engaging conversationalists. Travelling independently to ad from, most are happy to team up if it works well and also accepting of those who want to go their own way.
The set up and organisation provides a great service; chalet and mountain hosting staff are second to none. Professional chefs prepare two cooked meals a day and substantial, delicious cakes served for afternoon tea. The opportunity to be shown around the ski areas by an expert, knowledgable ski guide sets the holiday apart. Local ski hire, and the CF partnership with ski school Evo2, ensures most skiing needs are met adequately, especially in terms of extreme and off-piste experience options.
Some guests find sharing facilities, including bedrooms, a little restrictive, although my personal view is that if you only use a bedroom to sleep, store clothes and change, it really isn't an issue, and the savings on single occupancy in a hotel with everything else offered is huge. I suppose the bedrooms are a little on the small side and in close proximity if you are used to more personal space, and the company are taking on a bigger, deluxe chalet next year in Chamonix to address this and offer increased choice to guests. This chalet is currently being built and looks amazing.

Room Tip: Use free trains / buses available.

Families
Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Everything that really counts was superb, in fact brilliant. The welcome, the staff, the food was stunning and Ross the chef should be knighted:-) Andy is a great guide and so professional with his guests. Hang on to him!! A very memorable week on every level, mind you, wall to wall sunshine does add to the perfection! Couple of tiny negatives that are easily addressed - Use much bigger bath towels in the rooms. Have at least 15 - 20 hangers in the wardrobe! This is an age old thing, but half dozen hangers for 2 people doesn't work. Minor things that will be appreciated by future guests. Fact remains that all the things that matter, were proffesional, slick and thoroughly enjoyable. Fantastic week!!

Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Stayed in the Morzine Cold Fusion Chalet and can see where KEB23 is coming from. I couldn’t have enjoyed the experience more. Transfers worked like clockwork. Arrival at the chalet was a good experience! I was introduced to those that had arrived before me, handed a cold beer and large piece of freshly baked cake. All very informal and relaxed and a good way to meet other guests. Chalet was clean and well equipped (sauna, hot tub, boot warmers, wi-fi, slippers! ). There is tv and games etc, for those that want it but I must say neither I nor any of my group felt the need to make much use of these save for checking the snow forecast in the mornings at breakfast time. Food was excellent from start to finish and although it was not applicable to me special diets were catered for. The lift to the lift station and pick up from ‘Coup de Coeur’ every day was very much appreciated. I simply cannot recommend this place highly enough. The numbers of return visitors speaks volumes and I will be back!!

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I just got back from my trip yesterday so am writing this with holiday blues and snow withdrawl!

This is the first trip I have taken with Cold Fusion and can't recommend them enough. A number of people in the chalet were on their 3rd of 4th trip with them which I guess is proof of the great holidays that they procide!

From the moment I walked through the door I felt welcome and relaxed, and not at all nervous (as I had been) about being there on my own. The chalet was clean and comfortable and the chalet hosts were really great. They looked after us so well and the food and wine was all fab. They took us out on a guiding day twice as well as organising lessons for those who wanted them, and massages/beauty treatments in the chalet for sore and aching limbs.

The group I was with were really great. We were lucky that we all skied at the same standard (well nearly!) so we stuck together everyday. We all got on great and did some fantastic skiing covering pretty much all of the Morzine & PDS slopes by the time we had finished. Great snow and blue sky helped to make this an even more enjoyable trip.

I had such a great holiday that I am already thinking about my next trip - and even if my friends are able to ski next year, I might choose a week at Cold Fusion instead!

Winchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I was disappointed after reading previous reviews. The accommodation was ok although there wa not enough seating in the small lounge in the Morzine chalet.
The food and wine was ok although nothing special.
Guiding only on one day if required.
I wouldn't hesitate booking the ski hire and ski school through Cold Fusion, both were excellent.
Not the cheapest and not the best in Morzine, I won't be booking with Cold Fusion again nor would I recommend them - there's better out there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

...in case it gets booked up for next year when I want to go back.

One of the best holidays I've ever had - didn't have to think from the moment I walked out of the airport. Everything was done for you. The chalet was lovely, the hot tub a great touch, and the food out of this world. Only small gripe was that it was one bathroom between 5, and after a day on the slopes, the queue was quite long. The chalets themselves were a little bit out of the main town, so if you're looking for somewhere to stay that you can roll into at 4am after a night of apres ski, it probably isn't the place to you (although they will give you a lift into down after dinner if you wish). As for the skiing, it's Chamonix so it was excellent. If I had to bus around the resort I think I'd have got annoyed but they minibus you around and pick you up when you want to be picked up. They even offer ski guiding of some of the more esoteric best kept secrets of chamonix.

All in all I can't wait to go back. Shame I have to wait a whole year!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

Second-time around this winter, I chose the small chalet in Chamonix again (more intimate atmosphere than the big chalet IMO). I echo most of the previous reviews in terms of quality of the accommodation, chalet hosts, food (even better now than 3 years ago), and that great view of Les Drus towering above - especially from the hot tub! I'm really quite grateful that someone has thought about this concept, it is a refreshing departure from the usual couply stuff. My only regret - As beautiful and special Chamonix is, the 5 separate skiing areas are not the most user-friendly.. All in all, don't hesitate, I have met some great people and had a fantastic time both times.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Cold Fusion Chalets? Share your experiences!