“Avoid!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My experience at this restaurant was so laughably poor that I expected Jeremy Beadle to step out (but then I remembered he is sadly no longer with us) anyway, I digress.

The waiter that served us was beyond rude, he seemed very unamused that we had dared to bring a push chair in and noisily pushed it to the back of the restaurant. He then got us a high chair and was literally pushing me out of the way to set it up. My mum was actually quite scared throughout our whole visit. When he came to order he barked ''what you want?'' He also got very annoyed because we dared put our bags on the table.

I ordered spaghetti bolognese as I thought that surely no-one could mess that up but no! I'm unsure as to what meat was in it but I would guess either rat, pigeon or previous diners.

The only good parts were that our meal arrived quickly and we could exit quickly!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Arabic first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Much better in past years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Food prices up but service down .
We would have been here a couple of times in a week to eat, but gave it a miss after a disapointing meal ( 10 of us)

Visited February 2013
“Food was good and served quick.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Desserts were expensive but yummy. Pasta was good and meal special of the day was a good value. Waiter was nice to open the door for all the guests, but he did not have patience for my daughter who could not make up her mind.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Preston, England, United Kingdom
“Don't go, abrupt rude waiters”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to the cafe on our first night in Chamonix. The cafe looks great from the outside and is in a great location however... the waiters were abrupt and rude from the moment we walked in the door. With hindsight I wish we had left then. The waiters gave a strong impression that customers got in their way. We had pizza and fries, the pizzas were reasonably good, crispy and thin, the fries were undercooked and not the quintissential french fries you would expect in such a place in France. A pint of coke cost 6.50 Euro. There was a bad smell of drains in the restaurant. We couldn't wait to leave so we asked for a box to take the remaining pizza home (we didn't want to get the waiters to put the pizza in the box as we suspected they would be the type to spit in it). They threw the box on the table - we were astonished. I have never felt so uncomfortable in a restaurant. We felt that the waiters treated serving customers as a joke and were running bets to see how rude they could be. There are many great cafes to go to in Chamonix, don't waste your money here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Istanbul, Turkey
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Such a great location but very poor service..
Food is average but the waiters make you feel that you should not be there at all.