“Cant believe this isnt No 1” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
devon uk
“Cant believe this isnt No 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Well, what a superb restaurant. We were recommended this place and I am so thankful we were. We had a set 3 course meal for 28 Euros per person and it was Amazing. Such a brilliant little find, we spent ages looking at the decor and old ski's around the place. Service was lovely ( we speak very very little French ) good value and a meal I will never forget.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Henderson, Nevada
“Good food and friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have a home just across the "alley" from this new restaurant which replaced La Cantina. The convenience can't be beat! Some of the reviews say it is off the beaten path but it is actually in the heart of the central Chamonix (near the Benetton store). The view from the patio is amazing...Mont Blanc!

The menu includes many regional foods such as croute, tartiflette and such. I found the chef had a bit of a heavy hand on the cheese/cream page. The regional foods are rich but not that rich! My meal was delicious...chicken in an amazing sauce served with to die for potatoes gratin! The croute which my significant other had was a bit heavy on the cheese and cream. I'll dine there again but I hope the proprietor sorts out the appropriate prices for the food and backs off a bit on the cheese/cream ratio.

The food was good and the service was very friendly...the staff made me feel like family. The prices are a bit jumbled...some items are reasonably priced and some are way overpriced (the croute was 20 euros - hello, this dish is bread and cheese!

I think this restaurant is on the right path but a few minor adjustments are in order to make it a 5 star.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Netanya, Israel
“excellent place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We came here first time before departing for the MTB, we liked it so much we returned again after completing the tour.
the soups are excellent and served in a very interesting manner. meat is of good quality and preperation is good.
had a great time and deffenately recommend.

Visited August 2012
Manchester
“Charming & enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

A bit off the main drag but worth hunting out. Quirky and charming place with good quality local food and attentive, friendly service.

Glad we found it.

Visited July 2012
ohio
“Perhaps the best food I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

At my request, the waiter suggested the chicken and mushrooms, which he said was his favorite dish. Although I am not crazy about mushrooms and am tired of chicken, I decided to try it .... what a fabulous meal ! Chicken with , I think, chanterelles in a delicious but not too heavy cream sauce - with some delicious potatoes, thinly sliced and baked till tender/crisp - I will always think of that meal when I think of Chamonix. My husband and son both got the hamburgers, which they said were the best they ever had. Even the frites were memorable - puffy and crisp and full of flavor. We had all had enough to eat, but the main dishes had been so delicious that we decided to share a scrumptious dessert - a warm chocolate cake with a warm center - perfect !
We ate outside because of the beautiful evening. Casual patio atmosphere. Beautiful view of Mont Blanc. The owners' family/friends were in a corner relaxing and chatting - very nice, friendly yet private atmosphere.
This place is a little off the beaten path, but is still close to everything.

• Visited June 2012