“Excellent meal. Buzzing bar” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 162 Restaurants in Chamonix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Le Vert Restaurant is now open for the winter season, running a an elegantly crafted menu du jour and our bar snacks menu. We look forward to seeing you and showing off our our 100 percent home cooked food and electic wine list served by friendly and accurate folk.
Badminton, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal. Buzzing bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Imaginative cuisine. Menu du jour @22.50€ very good value. Bar menu very good. Friendly and capable staff.

“Best value food in Chamonix. Vegetarian friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had multiple meals here during our week-long stay in Chamonix at a private Mazot affiliated with the hotel, including a fabulous Christmas dinner. Exceptionally well priced food (€22.50 for a 3 course menu du jour) at an even more exceptional standard: the chef here is incredible - I'd expect to pay triple the amount for what he puts together. Lovely attentive staff and extremely vegetarian friendly with absolutely no compromise on presentation, quality or taste. We'll definitely be making Le Vert our staple dinner establishment for future visits!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tarifa, Spain
“Superb meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Amazing food, really innovative menu (eg. gorgeous hearty lentil soup, fricassee of mushroom & artichoke hearts, cheesecake with a twist), friendly staff and reasonable prices. Thanks Rich & Liz. Looking forward to the next arty event! I said arty, not party! :-)

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brighton
“Best food in Chamonix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

and they know how to do amazing veggie stuff too! But I stuck with the boeuf, poisson and inimitable salt caramel brownies

Visited December 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Service, Food, Atmosphere... Easily the best in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Unfortunately for myself, I found this restaurant on the last day of my two week holiday in Chamonix, Aug/Sept 2013. I ate out with friends almost every night and did not go to the same place twice. I found that in general the prices in the Chamonix valley for good food and drink in restaurants was outrageous.

However, Vert does not fit this bill. I was prepared to be robbed blind for mediocre food as I had been all holiday and expected the same level of service I had become accustomed to on my visit. Pleasantly, we were greeted by happy, smiling and very personable staff, who actually cared about what you were asking them and gave honest opinions and examples rather than reading from the same script you come to expect from people dealing with the same questions every night. I was very impressed from the start.

There was a huge variety of courses on the menu, catering for almost anything I could imagine. From the look of a posh burger I saw making its way over to a gentleman in the same dining room, my decision was made. Without a thought of the cost (as I say, I had become accustomed to being ripped off), I ordered "the same as him please".... Wow. Easily the best burger I have ever had, and my stomach line can testify to it not being my first big quality burger, believe me! It was huge, came with proper chips that were exceptional, lovely and fluffy or the inside. All the salad had been very well presented and complemented the dish very well.

All in all I was very impressed, thoroughly enjoyed, and was suitably satisfied with the meal. Further to the food being so good, I was asked "is every thing alright for you Sir, can I be of any help at all", as you do in these places, to which I had to tell them how relieved I was to finally get a proper meal and professional, sincerely helpful service. I also asked what that meal had just cost me, as I had not looked at the item on the menu before ordering; It was 15 Euros!! 15 Euros!! (Sorry, Im repeating myself.) That was quite extraordinary value not only for the quality of the meal, but in comparison to the other local restaurants that I had sampled, it was simply fantastic value!

I wast truly impressed with the whole establishment. I implore anybody visiting the valley, no matter where, to make a visit to this establishment. I think I will have to stay in their hotel when I next visit, in the hope the level of quality and service matches its restaurant.

Also, I believe that whoever the chef was that created that masterpiece deserves a star! Well done Mr/Mrs Chef! I did make a note that the Managers name badge as I left, it said Liz. So, to you Liz: Thank you very very much! Excellent job all round. Keep up the great work.

Food 9.5/10