“Amazing service compared to other main sport shops in Chamonix” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in Chamonix
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Thanks for stopping by! You've found Chamonix's oldest, friendliest and best-known snowboard, ski & bike shop. We've been here over twenty years, during which time we've been the stop-by spot for every big name rider who's passed through Chamonix - from Darren Berreclough to Jeremy Jones. Our full workshop is open year round for repairs of skis and boards, mountain and road bikes...and year on year we rent the nicest boards & bikes out there.
Göteborg, Sweden
“Amazing service compared to other main sport shops in Chamonix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

During my holiday in Chamonix the buckle of my Red helmet broke and I wanted to find a new one because my old one fits my oddly shaped head perfectly and is no longer manufactured. I visited seven of the main sport shops in town and Zero G was the only one even willing to truly listen to the problem (despite that I even speak fluent French!). The guys there provided me with a new part from the helmets in the shelf after finding out that a spare part could have been delivered only later. Massive thanks to the people of Zero G for outstanding service in the range of Chamonix and France.

Visited March 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

I was trying to find a screw which I had lost on my union atlas bindings - these guys sorted it all out. No fuss, no hassle just excellent customer service - and a great shop with a very big range

Highly recommended - anything else I need this place will be my first choice to shop!

Geneva
“Terribly bad experience, stay away from it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I went to Zero G and rented a nice snowboard for a terribly high price EUR 50 for the day without boots.
When I gave back the board, we did another reservation for next week and asked if it would be possible to have a discount as we rented 2 snowboards and did a booking for another two days, the week after. The person then became very rude, insulting us in English as we were talking in French.
I then asked to speak with the manager but all the other sales person in the shop were kind of making fun of us, and nobody didn’t really care.
This is really unacceptable, especially for a shop that sells high quality product.
I work in the luxury hospitality industry and I think it is the first time I get insulted after having spent more than 200 EUR in a shop!
Tom was kind with the us in the morning and we had this argument with a gentleman called Bob apparently that didn’t want to give us his full name.
Furthermore he first refused to give my friend’s ID back that he gave as a guaranty even though we had given the equipment back and paid for it. I think he was really lucky that we had been in a good mood and educated people.
I wouldn't recommend this shop at all, and I hope that it would be possible to speak with the owner of 0G in the near future.

Visited March 2012
zerogchamonix, Responsable relations clients at Zero G Board & Bike Shop, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
First up, thanks for the review. We're extremely proud of our 5/5 record on Tripadvisor so far, and like to think we deserve it. And you know what? We appreciate your feedback, because it proves we're human, and like all humans, we have our faults.

Perhaps we should have refused to rent you snowboards when you came in and complained the price was too high in the morning. We rent finely-tuned, up-to-date pieces of snowboarding excellence with current-year, 200€+ bindings and the best boots you'll ever see in a rental shop. So yeah, we're expensive, because we have to be, to pay for all that great stuff. Perhaps that's a fault.

Maybe when you came back insisting on having a huge discount for no reason, we should have given you a deal. Maybe we should have spoken up straight away and refused, instead of politely explaining that 'the price is the price' for twenty minutes as the line of impatient customers grew behind you. Perhaps we ought to have given you the gear without charging you for it - something we ended up doing anyway, when you pulled your card out of the machine mid-transaction, cancelling it.

Perhaps we ought to have agreed with your outrage when we asked you politely to leave the shop after you were very rude to a member of our staff for over half an hour.

So, you're right. We do have our faults. Ours was not seeing this coming in the first place! And honestly, we're sorry things went sour with you, and that we seem to have lost you as a client.
“Excellent service, great advice & a fun experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012 via mobile

The crew at zero g were amazing, really helpful with great advice and deals! A fun shopping experience! Thanks guys!

“A real snowboard shop run by real snowboarders.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012 via mobile

Friendly and knowlegable. A great wax for a blue bird day in Le Tour. Thanks guys