We stayed at the Le Hameau Albert 1er in their suite "3" Aug/Sept 2013 for 7 days. It had a large bedroom with a sitting area, along with a small day bed. There was a stocked mini bar that was re-filled every day, a jet bathtub, an updated shower, small area to hang up technical gear and 2 closets.
This suite is located in the building with the heated pool and the spa. The staff was friendly and helpful (we are not fluent in French) and provided us very good care.
We dined at both of their restaurants and were very pleased. We had breakfast in the dining room every morning. It was roughly $30.00 per person for the buffet. It was a bit weak (breads, jams, yogurt) but it was convenient. The spa was average. My husband and I both had massages and were disappointed but it was not terrible.
Overall we had a wonderful experience and I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for luxury mixed together with lots of charm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the foot of mont Blanc, Pierre Carrier, Perrine and Grand Chef Pierre Maillet have taken over this hotel, devoted to exceptional cuisine and local delicacies, founded in 1903 by 'great grandfather Carrier'. The rooms in the main hotel or the chalets in the garden offer both modern and warm comfort. On the one hand, there is the superb menu at the Albert 1er with its elaborate recipes influenced by the Piedmont and Liguria and, on the other, the Maison Carrier restaurant with its specilaities to be enjoyed in the atmosphere of an old farmhouse or on the terrace while gazing out at the majestic beauty of mont Blanc. The indoor/outdoor swimming pool also boasts views of the eternal snows on the roof of Europe. An equally stunning and delicious address for winter or summer stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Hameau Albert 1er reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Hameau Albert 1er Hotel Chamonix
- Le Hameau Albert 1er Chamonix