“Great Rooms for the Low Price” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4, quai Eustache Chappuis, 74000 Annecy, France   |
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Annecy
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St Cloud, Fl
“Great Rooms for the Low Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of european hotels and this one ranks high on the list. The location was near everything, the room was large, the bed and pillows were very satisfactory and the bath was a nice size with a tub and shower. The staff was friendly. Nothing negative to say about this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Trento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Hotel Splendid is a nice hotel situated in a strategic position. It is on the lake and 2 minutes - walking distance- from the centre. Close by there is a parking, the hotel usually pay the night rate.
The room are nice, clean, comfortable, nothing of stunning, but for a 3 star is ok. the breakfast is a little bit expensive - 13euros- so I suggest you to go in a good coffee shop and to have a wonderful croissant!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We arrived very early at the hotel. Although it was the 1st of October, I was very impressed that we were able to get into our room at 11 in the morning. Front desk clerk was pleasant and after I asked her in French if she could understand English, she accommodated me which I really appreciated. I asked to change my room, not because it was a bad room but we wanted a view of the street and lake. Without hesitation, Amil gave me two keys and said, "see which one you like and then let me know which one you prefer". The room was super clean. We were happy for the coffee pot and the great candy supplied every day!!!!

I disagree with the other reviews about the noise. The windows had double glass shutters which held out all of the street noise. A very good night's rest. I bugged the front desk for information constantly the first day. However, they were always willing to help me without hesitation or irritation.

Perfect location for old town. Right around the corner to the grocery store, so be sure to frequent it. Also, the park and canals are right across the street as well as the tourist office. I could not think of a better hotel in Annecy. Plus, they helped out with parking in the evening, which is also right across the street from the hotel.

The gentlemen on the afternoon/evening shift gave me great directions to the airport in Geneva which saved our butt due to an accident we hit the day we left. Also, I think her name was Amil, who had the morning shift , was always accommodating and kind.

Honestly, we have traveled all over the world and I can't really say anything but "Thank you for the perfect stay in Annecy France". When we come back, Hotel Splendid will be our choice...,.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Lake. Don't be concerned about the noise. Really not an issu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in May 2012 with a friend. The staff is very friendly, the hotel very clean (and I'm a clean freak, so this says a lot) and the location was perfect. It was very close to downtown Annecy and directly across from the lake, however yes, it can be a bit noisy as it is on the main road. We are not talking highway here, I'm from the Philadelphia / NYC area of U.S., so certainly not too noisy for me. Annecy is a beautiful town and certainly worth the visit. The lake is beautiful and if you like biking, kayaking and roller blading it is a dream. I could have bike for hours as the weather and scenery was beautiful...May was a great time to go, not too busy. I imagine the summer can be quite crazy. Overall great stay, in a very nice hotel and beautiful little French town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Hotel Splendid was fine; the room was typical size for the price range and nicely appointed. The reception folks were helpful for the most part; the parking is somewhat confusing and they could be little clearer as to how it works. The location is near the charming canal and the lakefront promenade. We left after two nights instead of the four we had booked though. Maybe I did bad research, but I thought that Annecy would this cute town on a lake, but it is a large bustling city, and other than the canal and lakefront not very attractive. There was more horns honking than we experienced in Paris. The cute areas are touristy and crowded. We were there on a pretty early fall weekend and there were drunk college kids all over the place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Sad to report however after several lovely hotel experiences using the advice of trusted TripAdvisor travelers, the experience tonight at The Splendid left much to be desired. Whilst the rooms at The Splendid are as described "very basic" and clean, the basic function to circulate air in the room was a problem. We learned that the central fan or ventilation is shut down for the season and the window would need to be open for fresh air as the room was quite stuffy and warm. However an open window onto one of the busiest streets in Annecy has made for a sleepless night. Also whilst the host at the hotel first offered a fan but was unable to find a fan, the host offered a room on the 5th floor, a studio. Before moving rooms, we did check it out but the ceiling in the hallway leading to the room had mold, broken light fixtures and in the studio on the 5th floor the carpet was soiled and the room odor was stale and unpleasant. Unfortunately our three night stay was cut short. Before you book at The Splendid be clear if you expect a basic amenity...air circulation and a little peace and quite to get a good nights rest on your holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very friendly staff - particularly the guys working in reception. Great location cheap car parking nearby - circa 2 minute walk. The hotel is located next to the old town - again a 2 minute walk. Annecy is stunning and is the closest thing to Venice outside Venice. We visited in mid Sep. which I suspect is a good time - you still have some visitors and most of the restaurants etc. are all still open. Visit in Oct / Nov I would imagine is fairly quiet and I would say in summertime it is horrifically busy. Didn't have breakfast in the hotel as for €15 you could get a full meal around the corner. Wifi worked fine. Room was a standard type no view of any sort but nice clean and modern. Don't bother with the view rooms if there more expensive - I would say it is quite hard to see the lake from most of these rooms and in reality the views are in the old town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Splendid Hotel? Share your experiences!