“money paid not worth this stay ..” 2 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Allee de l'Imperial, 74000, Annecy, France   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Annecy
“money paid not worth this stay ..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

i have stayed in Annecy twice this year and my second time i was wondering to feel more luxury but i was wrong to stay at L'Impérial Palace, the hotel is clean but the prices was really crazy, my problem was when the i booked a room online, then i contact the hotel seeking for another deal, receptionist offered me another room and he say its last room with great view and hey mention lower price than the price expected i was happy and i say its cheaper than my first room that booked online he say yes, after staying and time to CheckOut i was shocked with crazy invoice after asking they told me we didnt mention the room price we only mention the view price ?? WTF. seems employees is well trained on that.
So i have been chased by that hidden tricky way, also that money i pay its not worth this hotel level, better to find something near and cheaper because you dont spend your time always in the hotel ..

for me no thanks buddy ..

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel was clean and the room had the basics although the room looked very dated. The beds were very uncomfortable and worn out and our family of 3 did not sleep either night. The views are stunning. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant upon arrival. The food was very good. The service was slow but polite and we loved sitting on the back patio taking in the view.
The gym does not appear to have been updated for decades and the public areas of the hotel looked very dated too. It is a beautiful building and with some investment could be so much more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake and with new beds.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Justine W
Halifax, NS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our first impression on arrival was that the hotel was asthetically pleasing and perched on a remarkable location. The only real negative we had occurred within 5 mins of arrival trying to park. Although it is a very convenient lot, getting access to the lot requires a room card which you must acquire on checkin. You then must pull up front to try to do this first. Watch out though as you may be greeted by a pompous testosterone imbalanced guardian of the Casino frontage that may yell at you in French. Luckily for me I still know how to tell someone off in French and it felt good. Another guest had the same situation unfold literally 3 mins after me. This is not a great way to start a relationship with you customers. After this things improved greatly. First, I was skeptical that I had reserved a lake view room and would be delivered something different. Not only did we have a lake view but we had a balcony in room 714 (one of two on that floor directly facing the lake) providing THE most spectacular view ever from a hotel room. The minibar was complementary and stocked with a nice selection of waters and softdrinks which was nice and appreciated as it was unexpected. The staff were very nice and attentive when my adapter knocked out the electricty, they showed up within 3 mins of my call to reset the fuse. The inside Casino staff were great and we enjoyed the no strings attached complementary drinks and won $65 Euros playing blackjack. The room was cleaner than the 500 Euro/night hotels in the 1er arrondissement we stayed at in Paris. The decor of the rooms are mostly nice but the purple light bulb accents are a poor choice. The matress and pillow combination was a bit underwhelming compared to other hotels in this class and would be my first upgrade if I managed this operation. Overall a wonderful stay and my new wife enjoyed it immensely. We will be back someday and this hotel could be one of the greatest spots in France with a few easy tweaks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way through to Avignon. The hotel has the most wonderful views of the lake. Our room was an average size for Europe but the decor was very comfortable and nice. The room was very clean. All hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Parking was very easy at the hotel. It is a nice walk around the esplanade and into town and we walked around here to have breakfast in town the next morning. It was a lovely hotel and will be a place to return to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gillingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stopped off here for 2 nights on route to San Remo Italy Breathtaking views of Lake and mountains from our room comfy beds nice bathroom with power shower. Went into town next morning and had a fantastic day just a beautiful place. love to return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
schilde, belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

very kind and helpful personel, large rooms with a beautiful view on the lake. All the necessary facilities were available and in the morning a very good breakfast.
I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. If i have to give one small remark, the rooms are a little bit dated.
I'm looking forward fr my next stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a week in July... I was so looking forward to it truly inspired by the photos of the property...What should I say? The photos truly presented the beauty of the lake and great location of the hotel... but you have to sleep too :) and here is a surprise - the most uncomfortable mattrases I have ever seen in 4 star (and even 3 star) hotel!!! The beds are very small, I should say tiny, I am an average built woman but had a hard time fitting in this bed...The front desk stuff is not very friendly and not very knowlegable, do not expect to get a lot of help from them to plan your stay, tourist information center in town was so much better... I did like the breakfast menu in the restaurant, but it seems overpriced ...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tatira
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annecy
Splendid Hotel
#5 of 40 in Annecy
4.0 of 5 stars 246 reviews
BEST WESTERN Hotel Carlton
Hotel Novotel Annecy Centre Atria

Been to L'Imperial Palace? Share your experiences!