“Good Location, Value for Money but few areas for improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
50% less on 2nd night !*
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Annecy
Geneva, Switzerland
“Good Location, Value for Money but few areas for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

1. Very close to station and bus stop 2. Hotel to main tourist location takes not more than 15 mins 3. Map and information provided by Hotel

Wifi was very poor, first it did not connect at all and after connection it was getting disconnected very frequently 2. Had issue with the lights in shower and WC but they offered free breakfast which was a good gesture

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
San Francisco, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Location: 5 minute walk to train station. 10 minute walk to center. Walking in the day time was fine but I am not sure about after dark. Lots of more centrally located hotel in the center of town.

Room: Clean, small, functional.

Tip: Parking can be a problem. Easy to get lost if you happen to drive into the back of the hotel. Best not to drive around here.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014 via mobile

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel - the rooms are comfortable, clean and fairly modern; the staff are very nice and helpful and its a very short walk from the historic centre. However, Annecy is a rally beautiful place and I was really disappointed that we didn't stay in the old city. So, I'd definitely say that this hotel is good value and wouldn't recommend against staying here, but I'd really strongly suggest you try and find something in the old centre instead!!!

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

So we arrived at this hotel late in the evening after a long drive through France looking forward to some evening fun in this beautiful town.

After waiting for 20 minutes to check in, as the hotel staff were busy having a gossip and playing on their phones we were told that our rooms were unavailable, being 2000hrs I was pretty surprised, but was happy to wait whilst they prepared the rooms, we waited why the staff tapped away at the computer and suddenly you could see the panic on their faces and they informed us that actually we do not have any rooms! However they confirmed that we did make the booking and we should have had the rooms allocated to us. So we asked now what? The response was pretty shambolic, and they were not sure what to do with us. Whilst they tried to sort out their own incompetence (45 minutes had passed and the night was passing us by) so I had to suggest to them at least they can offer us a drink – which we got, about 20 minutes later. As we set at the bar and made constant enquiries into the progress, and 1 ½ hours later they informed us they in fact do have rooms for us!! Finally we thought…..

We were given room keys and were led up to the most filthiest rooms I have ever witnessed in my life, and I have seen many hotels! The beds were in a state, the bathroom was full of hair, and the dustbins were full of used cotton buds, tissues and god only knows what else. After enduring an almost 2 hr wait to get our rooms we were given a room that wouldn’t be a miss in the slums of Mogadishu. Was truly disgusted with the Best Western and will never stay in one of their hotels again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

This Hotel I would rate as very average ,rooms OK and the hotel is conveniently place to walk to all the attractions and eateries,
Staff very helpful but the Hotel seems to be geared to cater for bus tours.
Parking at the hotel is available at a charge but the parking is underground and very challenging if you are driving a larger car .
Would'nt stay here again very average for BEST Western needs to be improved public areas are dingy

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Stephens Church, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

I just left this hotel and was not happy at all. I had asked the front desk about where I could do my laundry and they said there was none nearby and the hotel could get it done inexpensive. I let them do it, when I got my clothes back, my socks were still damp. I had 4- pairs of socks, 4- underware and 2- T shirts cleaned. It cost me 42 Euros, which is $53.00 in US dollars. It would have been cheaper to buy new. When I complained, no one could help me because they did not understand me? I would not stay here, AC quit working and no one cared. My wife would call and they would answer the phone and just Kay it down and connect it to my room.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

we stayed 5 days on 1/2 board with shearings holidays. The hotel was well placed for central annecy.

It took us a full hour to get our main course served on the first night but after that dining room service was fair - it would have been good for all on our table to have been served together. The waiters were cheerful

The menu was not very varied and at breakfast one had to be quick before the scrambled egg ran out. give the sausages a miss - most people did.

The bedroom was ok but smell fusty because the bathroom and toilet were not adequately ventilated. It was difficult to use the toilet because of the room size, one had to open the door to pull up ones trousers! The bath was large and the room was well serviced

I do not know why the hotel kept locking the entry doors in the day - we found the side door by walking round the front of the building the reception staff took no steps to manage that situation

I felt that best western in annecy went through the motions of providing hotel facilities, rather than doing it with any enthusiasm for customer service.

Room Tip: rooms in the side street have balconies
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN International Annecy? Share your experiences!