“Comfortable but not Central or special for a beautiful city” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rate Guaranteed
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Annecy
Melbourne, Australia
“Comfortable but not Central or special for a beautiful city”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel - the rooms are comfortable, clean and fairly modern; the staff are very nice and helpful and its a very short walk from the historic centre. However, Annecy is a rally beautiful place and I was really disappointed that we didn't stay in the old city. So, I'd definitely say that this hotel is good value and wouldn't recommend against staying here, but I'd really strongly suggest you try and find something in the old centre instead!!!

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So we arrived at this hotel late in the evening after a long drive through France looking forward to some evening fun in this beautiful town.

After waiting for 20 minutes to check in, as the hotel staff were busy having a gossip and playing on their phones we were told that our rooms were unavailable, being 2000hrs I was pretty surprised, but was happy to wait whilst they prepared the rooms, we waited why the staff tapped away at the computer and suddenly you could see the panic on their faces and they informed us that actually we do not have any rooms! However they confirmed that we did make the booking and we should have had the rooms allocated to us. So we asked now what? The response was pretty shambolic, and they were not sure what to do with us. Whilst they tried to sort out their own incompetence (45 minutes had passed and the night was passing us by) so I had to suggest to them at least they can offer us a drink – which we got, about 20 minutes later. As we set at the bar and made constant enquiries into the progress, and 1 ½ hours later they informed us they in fact do have rooms for us!! Finally we thought…..

We were given room keys and were led up to the most filthiest rooms I have ever witnessed in my life, and I have seen many hotels! The beds were in a state, the bathroom was full of hair, and the dustbins were full of used cotton buds, tissues and god only knows what else. After enduring an almost 2 hr wait to get our rooms we were given a room that wouldn’t be a miss in the slums of Mogadishu. Was truly disgusted with the Best Western and will never stay in one of their hotels again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Hotel I would rate as very average ,rooms OK and the hotel is conveniently place to walk to all the attractions and eateries,
Staff very helpful but the Hotel seems to be geared to cater for bus tours.
Parking at the hotel is available at a charge but the parking is underground and very challenging if you are driving a larger car .
Would'nt stay here again very average for BEST Western needs to be improved public areas are dingy

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Stephens Church, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just left this hotel and was not happy at all. I had asked the front desk about where I could do my laundry and they said there was none nearby and the hotel could get it done inexpensive. I let them do it, when I got my clothes back, my socks were still damp. I had 4- pairs of socks, 4- underware and 2- T shirts cleaned. It cost me 42 Euros, which is $53.00 in US dollars. It would have been cheaper to buy new. When I complained, no one could help me because they did not understand me? I would not stay here, AC quit working and no one cared. My wife would call and they would answer the phone and just Kay it down and connect it to my room.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Grenoble, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

the receptionist, black woman named Joe(X)(X)e, tatally rude and racist. the first time I entered the Hotel, that woman didn't look at me but just typed. keep typin. I was standing in front of the counter for 3minutes, end of I approached to the receptionist. I said "bonjour, j'ai deja res..." "sorry!?", it was her 1st response, with cold shoulder. I repeated 3times, because she was not wiiling to hear me. yes. I am korean, and it's not weired korean boy with low level of french. I was totally embarassed and upset. she quickly said go back to cauch, then she's gonna search my reservation. from 2h 19 to 2h 51, I can not help sitting on thinking about her attitude. then a white man from U.S go to the receptionist, that moment she was so so so nice with the man, even though he and me, both of us are poor at french. If you are Asian, Arab and black, it'd be not nice staying at there. it's not worth. :-)

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we stayed 5 days on 1/2 board with shearings holidays. The hotel was well placed for central annecy.

It took us a full hour to get our main course served on the first night but after that dining room service was fair - it would have been good for all on our table to have been served together. The waiters were cheerful

The menu was not very varied and at breakfast one had to be quick before the scrambled egg ran out. give the sausages a miss - most people did.

The bedroom was ok but smell fusty because the bathroom and toilet were not adequately ventilated. It was difficult to use the toilet because of the room size, one had to open the door to pull up ones trousers! The bath was large and the room was well serviced

I do not know why the hotel kept locking the entry doors in the day - we found the side door by walking round the front of the building the reception staff took no steps to manage that situation

I felt that best western in annecy went through the motions of providing hotel facilities, rather than doing it with any enthusiasm for customer service.

Room Tip: rooms in the side street have balconies
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for three nights in a Superior room. Our room was big, clean and very comfortable. We had the unexpected pleasure of a balcony too! Close to the town centre and train station this hotel is wonderfully located. Staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. We didn't eat at the hotel but when I asked for additional milk and coffee for the room these were generously provided. Would definitely stay again

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN International Annecy? Share your experiences!