Many thanks to Gregory for helping me fix a hotel and conference room for a team of 11. Thanks to Gregory's helpfulness I had ignored some of the reviews and chose to take the team here. We were having a team day then travelling to Geneva to the motor show. I had two criteria, a reasonable price and access to a conference room. I contacted many hotels in Annecy and only two were helpful of which one was the Best Western international. I had used these price comparison websites to see if the price being offered was reasonable and it was. Overall the hotel is clean but in need of a minor refurb as I've experienced both with Best Western and Ibis hotels. But unlike Ibis the Best Westerns have always been clean and the rooms quiet. This was the case here clean and quiet. The hotel is located in the not so glamorous part of the town but only 10 minutes walk from the old town which is charming but very quiet if you like some night life (this was March so I don't know if it is a bit more exciting in summer). The train station is max 5 minutes walk away. There is a car park underneath the hotel but there was actually some refurbishment going on while we were there so there was not so much room. There is car park across the way from the roundabout outside the hotel. Both are priced at 8 euros a day (you need to ask for a coupon from reception to get the outside car park at this price). We didn't try the bar or the restaurant in the evenings. The breakfast was Ok to good with a selection of pastries, cereals, bread, cheeses, ham, eggs, sausage, scrambled egg, teas and coffee (from nespresso machines so good by normal standards). Only complaint was it was a bit confusingly laid out of breakfast. Don't think there is a best side to the hotel in terms of views and things as I was on sixth floor on the back which backed onto other building blocks but with an horizon of the mountains.It was quiet though. We enjoyed are stay and had the best team meeting we have ever had. The conference room was good with water and nesspresso machine outside with tea and hot chocolate. Annecy is less than one hour to Geneva, so is a good alternative if accommodation or flights are expensive in Geneva. We flew into Lyon and it was much cheaper. One good note though is the vignette needed to drive in Switzerland, it is 35 euro and they can be bought on the border. If you fly into Geneva hire a car in the Swiss side of the airport to get this with the car. If you hire from the French side you will need to buy the vinette to drive on the swiss motorway.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western International Annecy Hotel
- Best Western International Annecy Hotel Annecy
- Best Western Annecy
- Annecy Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situé au cœur de la Venise Savoyarde, découvrez le Best Western Hôtel International d'Annecy, établissement 3 étoiles multi-services, idéal pour l’organisation de vos séjours touristiques et professionnels.A 200 mètres de la gare d'Annecy et à 10 minutes à pied des rives du lac, le Best Western Hôtel International vous propose de découvrir une large gamme de services : 132 chambres modernes et confortables, une cuisine savoureuse, un bar convivial, un SPA design et relaxant ainsi qu’un espace conférence de 400m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Venere, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your BEST WESTERN International Annecy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.