“Nice and Noisy..” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Annecy
Paris
“Nice and Noisy..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Conveniently located a few steps from the main train station (and a few more manageable
steps from old town), with the inconvenients which come along with it (intense traffic, some
weirdos on the street every now and then). There is a tiny elevator to access all the floors
but you'll still have to walk up a few steps to reach the lobby. The rooms are quite basic
but very functional. The bed mattress was firm in my room, a bit of storage is available to
hang a few clothes, and a small desk as well awkwardly placed in the corner of the room. The
bathroom includes a toilet, a sink and a hose hairdryer, with a rather dim single yellowish
neon lighting. No curtain on the large bath tub, and the water pressure was low in both the
shower head and the sink. The room window was facing the street (maybe the rooms on the
opposite side in the hall are facing an inside courtyard which should be quieter) and
despite having double layers the noise outside woke me up in my sleep twice during my stay
which was unpleasant. This was partially made up for thanks to their extensive buffet
breakfast provided on the 2nd floor, which could easily be attributed to a higher starred
hotel. It comprised a few varieties of hams, cheeses and breads, yogurts, fruit salad and
decent juices. The cleaning was efficient and the managers very polite. The wifi was broken
for most of my stay but when it was fixed it was of average speed - enough for reading email
and browsing a bit but not good enough for high quality VoIP. I'd probably stay there again
if I could be guaranteed a less noisy room.

Room Tip: make sure you get a room not facing the train station!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel provided enough for a great stay in beautiful Annecy. We had a last minute booking in peak season and arrived in town at midnight - it is so close to the train station and the reception is open 24 hours, which made our arrival nice and easy. The room was pretty basic and comfortable, however there is no aircon so it was pretty hot at night!

• Stayed July 2013
Altrincham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel whilst watching the Tour de france. Good points: great location, clean, receptionist helpful, public underground parking round the corner (la poste) which was discounted. Not so good points: no air conditioning in our room - fan provided, no tea/coffee making tray. Didn't have breakfast so cannot comment. Basic hotel in great position but would not stay again due to no air conditioning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family for a weekend during the Tour de France.
Check out the room types when youa re booking, they differ a lot (size, bath yes/no) as their prices. As I traveled with a 1 yr old baby I chose the comfort room and it was fit with my expectations for a 2-star hotel: spacious enough to have a cot, bathroom not very renovated but absolutely clean. Price for that room was higher but it was a good choice for me and my family
Breakfast is served in a nice room looking over an internal courtyard.
Located in the city centre, everything is at walking distance
Municipal indoor parking available at 1 min walking with convenient rates (9€-day)

Room Tip: check out room types, go for a comfort room if you look for a 3-star quality
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very good location: 5 min from railway/bus station, 5 min to old city. Room is very simple.

There is no door at the bathroom, just a curtain. Very unfriendly kitchen-lady, hates children, I suspect. A bit weird pictures on the corridor walls.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one week for an workshop. It was a twin room that I shared with my colleague. In the mail of reservation, we clearly indicated two names but when I arrived (after my colleague), they said they didn't find my name in their list of reservation so I had a hard time getting the key for my room. But that's not the end of the story. When we left, we need to have the bills separately in order to get the payment from the laboratory, but we couldn't get them. First of all, the only bill we got is some simple piece of paper with no name on that. The total price we had to pay is 300 euros for 5 nights. My colleague (who stayed one more night) paid 180 euros. My turn, they let me pay 130.15 euros and explained that the 10.15 euros comes from the "taxe de sejour" and a (very bad) coffee that I took in the first morning (which costs 2.50 euros). I was very surprised by the fact that they made me paid something which is not indicated on the bill but since I was in a hurry for the session in the morning, I didn't want to make it complicated. With my colleague, we politely asked again for two separate bills, and that was the moment when I got very upset. They let us standing there waiting. Meanwhile they did other things with people that wanted give back the keys, though we were there in advance. After like half an hour, I said I couldn't wait anymore and left.
And one more important comment, if you have no other choice but staying at this hotel, don't ever have breakfast here. You pay 10 euros for very very bad quality food.
So except if you really need to stay close to the TGV station, I don't recommend you to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Nouvel Hotel? Share your experiences!