“nouvel” 4 of 5 stars

Nouvel Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 rue Vaugelas, 74000 Annecy, France   |
Ranked #29 of 45 hotels in Annecy

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel provided enough for a great stay in beautiful Annecy. We had a last minute booking in peak season and arrived in town at midnight - it is so close to the train station and the reception is open 24 hours, which made our arrival nice and easy. The room was pretty basic and comfortable, however there is no aircon so it was pretty hot at night!

• Stayed July 2013
Altrincham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel whilst watching the Tour de france. Good points: great location, clean, receptionist helpful, public underground parking round the corner (la poste) which was discounted. Not so good points: no air conditioning in our room - fan provided, no tea/coffee making tray. Didn't have breakfast so cannot comment. Basic hotel in great position but would not stay again due to no air conditioning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family for a weekend during the Tour de France.
Check out the room types when youa re booking, they differ a lot (size, bath yes/no) as their prices. As I traveled with a 1 yr old baby I chose the comfort room and it was fit with my expectations for a 2-star hotel: spacious enough to have a cot, bathroom not very renovated but absolutely clean. Price for that room was higher but it was a good choice for me and my family
Breakfast is served in a nice room looking over an internal courtyard.
Located in the city centre, everything is at walking distance
Municipal indoor parking available at 1 min walking with convenient rates (9€-day)

Room Tip: check out room types, go for a comfort room if you look for a 3-star quality
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very good location: 5 min from railway/bus station, 5 min to old city. Room is very simple.

There is no door at the bathroom, just a curtain. Very unfriendly kitchen-lady, hates children, I suspect. A bit weird pictures on the corridor walls.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one week for an workshop. It was a twin room that I shared with my colleague. In the mail of reservation, we clearly indicated two names but when I arrived (after my colleague), they said they didn't find my name in their list of reservation so I had a hard time getting the key for my room. But that's not the end of the story. When we left, we need to have the bills separately in order to get the payment from the laboratory, but we couldn't get them. First of all, the only bill we got is some simple piece of paper with no name on that. The total price we had to pay is 300 euros for 5 nights. My colleague (who stayed one more night) paid 180 euros. My turn, they let me pay 130.15 euros and explained that the 10.15 euros comes from the "taxe de sejour" and a (very bad) coffee that I took in the first morning (which costs 2.50 euros). I was very surprised by the fact that they made me paid something which is not indicated on the bill but since I was in a hurry for the session in the morning, I didn't want to make it complicated. With my colleague, we politely asked again for two separate bills, and that was the moment when I got very upset. They let us standing there waiting. Meanwhile they did other things with people that wanted give back the keys, though we were there in advance. After like half an hour, I said I couldn't wait anymore and left.
And one more important comment, if you have no other choice but staying at this hotel, don't ever have breakfast here. You pay 10 euros for very very bad quality food.
So except if you really need to stay close to the TGV station, I don't recommend you to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a few nights. The purpose of the trip was to see the beautiful Annecy. We needed a centrally located accommodation with easy access to old town. The hotel has is 10-15 minutes walk to the centre. Car parking is a minute away form the hotel for those who drive. We arrived late at night and we managed to easily locate the parking and find the hotel.
The room we stayed was clean but very basic accommodation. For EUR 80 per night I'd expect a little bit more. The decor was dated and an upgrade desired. The most annoying thing was the noise coming from the floor upstairs. Hotel building is quite old, floors and walls do not absorb the noise that well. We could hear people walking upstairs. The noise from the street is quite disturbing in the mornings as well. However central location is very good so you can't have it all :)
We only had breakfast once and it was a lot to be desired. There wasn't much food left and there were a lot of empty plates and leftovers from previous guests. Staff were not that concerned about the service. I advise having breakfast in town as there are a lot of nice places to eat.
Overall, we would only stay there again if better hotels were not available.

P.S. we stayed there end of 2011, so things might have change since then.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nouvel Hotel? Share your experiences!