Stayed here for 3 nights and the location cannot be beat. 10 minute walk from the train station and then 5-10 minutes from the hotel to the old town. Incredibly friendly front desk and breakfast (which came with our room) was good. Fresh fruit, breads and cake, yogurt and even some hot options of eggs and sausages. Good value. Excellent Internet, lots of hot water, quiet neighbors.
The soft furnishings are in need of freshening up. This is something I don't usually comment on, but in this case, they were beginning to look dirty. They probably weren't as I saw a lot of care from the staff, but at some point, you need to keep up appearances and this place is getting there. Curtains and carpet were looking very used. And this bed was one of the hardest I've ever slept on.
We would return as the town is charming and this location is really, really good, but I'd probably look around to see what else was on offer before I booked here again.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Annecy Centre Hotel
- Mercure Annecy Centre Hotel Annecy
- Accor Annecy Centre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in heart of the city centre, 150 m from the TGV railway station, 200 m from Lake Annecy and a short stroll from the historic city centre and its traditional restaurants. Near the La Clusaz, Grand Bornard and Portes du Soleil ski resorts,Mercure Annecy Centre extends a warm welcome offering 39 rooms with CanalPlus satellite TV as well as an Internet HOTSPOT (charges apply). Free secure undercover parking located 50 m from the hotel is available from 6.30 p.m. to 9 a.m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mercure Annecy Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.