“WOW” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Provence Paradise

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Remy-de-Provence
Provence Paradise
You added Provence Paradise to your Saves list
16 Av Theodore Aubanel | Lieu-dit, 13210 Saint-Remy-de-Provence, France   |
Special Offer
Our 10th Anniversary!
Florida
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I spent four nights here in September and all I can say is WOW. We stayed in the Miller's Hideaway. William and his staff made sure everything was perfect. He recommended restaurants and gave us travel information and guidance. In addition on our last night he showed up with a bottle of champagne and a cake since my wife and I were celebrating our 40th anniversary. Unbelievable. The accommodations were excellent(ours included a washer dryer combo). The location is perfect for exploring Provence. Don't waste time looking elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Awesomely quaint, comfortable and welcoming! I've never written a review, although we travel often, but I can't stop thinking of our marvelous visit to Provence Paradise with William and his staff!! We visited in May, 2013 and I still have vivid memories of Provence Paradise and the wonderful 5 nights we spent in La Bastide with our great friends (another couple). St. Remy is a perfect location from which to explore all of Provence and William made our stay awesomely perfect, from his initial greeting with homemade dinner, dessert and wine to his farwell surprise! We love France, Provence, and Provence Paradise! We intend to visit again soon! Thank you, William!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I suppose one could stay somewhere other than Provence and even find beautifully restored houses built in the 1600s as places to stay. BUT nowhere but here will you have everything PLUS William Moore. He is our friend, travel guide, problem solver and sometimes just a pal with whom to share a glass of wine. Inn keeper does not adequately describe him! Come stay in this beautiful place and meet William Moore. You will be pleased with your decision.

• Stayed June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed in La Tour for one week
Upon arrival William the owner greeted us and let us settle in then invited us to join him and other newly arrived guests for a wine and a bit of an introduction and a run down on things to do whilst in the area. There enough activites to fill 2 weeks easily (William has a list which proves most helpful with tips on where to park in certain towns and best times to go)

Waiting for us on arrival was the yummiest Lasagne, salad and strawberry tart and wine along with supplies for breakfast and alot of fruit. William delivers complimentary pastries and baguettes each morning

The villa is equipped with everything you will need. The bed I had was very comfy, great water pressure. We cooked quite a few meals there was a dishwasher and washing machine as well.

We also took up William on his offer to book a restaurant for us they he had recommended on one night and it was lovely, another night we took pot luck on another and again was very good.

There is a large pool and a spa tub and most of the time we had it to ourselves
10 min walk into Saint Remy

On the day before we left guests had just vacated the largest villa on site (I believe it is called La Tuilere) and William said we should have a look around it so we did and it was something else, truely something special it was quite large so if you have quite a few guests this place would be great

Things we did

Sunday market in I'lsle sur la Sourge - try and get there before 10m as it got really busy after 11am
Visited Pont de Gard and Uzes - Entry fee to Pont per car was 18 Euro which is a bit steep, there was a small souviner shop and toilets on site. There was also a restaurant but didn't try it, it doesnt detract from the historic site. I saw people climbing up high on the bridge but did not try that and I cannot say was the facilities on the other side of the river were like.
Uzes was a nice little town alot like other towns in Provence

Went to Saint Remy Market day on Wednesday (from 10am to 2pm) which was great and continued to go back to Saint Remy to shop plenty of times its a great place

Went to Avignon. Parked in the Palace of the Popes car park which was quite cheap and very convenient. Went on the Petite Train which took 40 mins and gave a good overview of the old town

Visited Arles via Les Baux. Arles was a much older town and visited the Ampitheatre. The whole town is essentially one big Souviner Shop. Parked in the secure car park just near the Tourism office

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was our 2nd time to Provence Paradise....and it is still "our place in France" as so designated by my grand daughter. We feel so at home there, it is a little piece of heaven. William Moore the "innkeeper" is beyond wonderful, and we consider him a very dear friend now. He can handle all situations, and it is amazing the number of problems that can arise on any trip...so good to have someone you can rely on. The staff could not be nicer, the houses all absolutely perfect....and it is just "home"!

Wilmette, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful week at Provence Paradise. The boys loved the pool and fresh croissants every morning. We enjoyed a delicious dinner upon arrival sitting outside on our patio. The A/C was a welcome relief from a very hot few days. The accommodations were perfect - exactly what we had been hoping for and stocked with all the essentials for a great visit. It was a perfect spot for us to spend time with family and visit the local area. So much to see and do and St Remy was a beautiful village too. William was a great host and Jonas was so helpful in making sure we had everything we needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

How could I give anything other than 5 stars to this wonderful place? Everything that other reviewers have said is true. Our stay was magical...until the last day.
On the morning of our departure, William came by with the usual pastries and croissants and asked my 14 yo old son when we were leaving (I was still in bed). When my son said '10:00', William said 'How about 9:30?' I was, mistakenly, as it turned out, under the impression that the check-out time was 10:00. When I got up I called William and left a voicemail advising that we wouldn't be able to be out until 10:00. Innocent mistake, right? Au contraire.
At 9:30 on the dot, the cleaning crew showed up. I went to the door with a towel around my waist (laundry was still in the dryer) and tried to explain that I had called William, that we couldn't be out before 10:00, etc. A few minutes later William showed up.
I was so taken aback by his attitude and behavior that I felt as if I were dealing with a different person than the one who had been so helpful and hospitable up until then. He told me that we had to be out of there. I explained that I had clothes in the dryer and he said "Well the laundry can be done somewhere else! We've got new guests coming in to stay here!". Still believing that check-out was at 10:00, I believe that I said something to that effect and he said "Well, can they (meaning the cleaning people) get in here right after 10:00?!" I said "Certainly".
Needless to say, my kids( besides my son I have a 10 yo old daughter) and I frantically ran around trying to get ready to leave before 10:00. The cleaning people sat glumly on the porch and waited. My children both kept asking "Why was he being so mean?" and I kept replying that I didn't know.
When we got back to the States I sent an email and said that the three of us were very upset at the way our stay ended. It was then that I learned that the published check-out time WAS 9:30. Regardless, we were staying in a small cottage and a 30 minute delay was not going to have any significant impact on their ability to get things ready for incoming guests. It was an honest and, I would think in any other context, an insignificant mistake. Yet we were made to feel as if we had trashed one of the larger accommodations and were checking out 3 hours late, or were long-term renters habitually late with payment. The response to my email conveyed the message that I(we) were in the wrong, obviously, and were owed no apology.
So, a word to the wise: if you stay in this fabulous place you'll have a great time. Just don't break the rules!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Provence Paradise? Share your experiences!