“perfect way to explore St-Remy countryside” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Scenic Drives
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Sun-e-Bike offers a new way to discover the Luberon and the Alpilles by renting, per day or stay, its 200 electric bikes spread over the villages of Bonnieux and St-Rémy de Provence.The carefully chosen itineraries facilitate the discovery of many sights and attractions punctuating this territory through trails and bike paths rather than main roads.A network of partners and shops stocking the batteries that fit all the bikes, enables the exchange of them when their autonomy, about 35 kilometers, is exhausted.Sun-e-Bike, cycling freely.
Boston, Massachusetts
34 attraction reviews
“perfect way to explore St-Remy countryside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The half-day e-bike rental is pricier than a standard bike, but it's well worth it in the Alpilles. Yes, it may be "cheating", but hey - we're on vacation after all! Our ride from St-Remy center to Les Baux and back was smooth sailing, and we've passed some unfortunate bikers who were ready to give up three quarters of the way there because of the steep grade. The area to the East of St Remy is well worth exploring also (Chapelle of St Sixte, and the village of Eygalieres).
The staff at the rental office spoke good English and let us try the bikes out before we were ready to commit. It helps to have a topo-map of the area, which you can get for a few euros at the Tourist Office.

Murcia, Spain
“An easy-going bike trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

One of my most favorite things when I´m travelling is to bike around nice areas and enjoy the views so when I went to st Remy de Provence I thought about renting bikes must be my thing to do in such a beatiful place. So my girlfriend and I chose sun-e-bikes since she doesn´t like doing great efforts and wanted to spend a day trip around the area as well.
The trip went beyond expectancies and we were able to see a lot in those bikes without getting too tired. We made a stop in le bauxs de provence wich was a wonderful little town and we almost decide to stay live there for a while, but we continue biking around and enjoyed the amazing Provenzal views.
In all it is a really cool way to do a bike trip around la Provence either with two or more people, both for those who like to just pedal up steep hills with no effort and those who prefer more strenuous biking, enjoying Provence´s wonderful landscapes.

Nashville, Tennessee
“"E"asy Biking Through Provence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Last week my boyfriend and I were vacation in St Remy and our friends suggested we try Sun E bikes. My boyfriend LOVES to bike and he is compleatly comfortable biking up and down mountains. I, on the other hand prefer to bike on flat land and don't like to bike up and down mountains. Since Sun E Bikes are electric, it was easy for me to keep up with my boyfriend when we went up into the moutains. I didn't even break a sweat! It is still biking because you do still have to pedal, but it is so much easier and pleasant than regular bikes.

After a while my boyfriend decided he wanted to turn off the battery so he could use it as a normal bike, while I kept the bettery going to have the extra push.

This is an amazing way to see Provence because you can bike for the whole day with out getting tired. No effort, just enjoying the breeze and the sound of "les cigale".