If your expecting a hotel with a Baby Club, wave pools and someone singing "Hands up, Baby Hands up...", well this place is not for you.
This hotel, Restaurant & Spa is a unique place to hide away, get pampered and just feel good. Hotel has gorgeous rooms, bright and sunny and very well furnished. Room staff are discrete and will never knock at your door to "make the room". We had a "Junior Suite Terrasse", not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. We did look into the Van Gogh Suite. If you have room on your credit card, let yourself be taken away by how this feels like the home you aways wanted! (At least me and my wife ;))
The Spa is comparable to the spas in Courchevel or La Reserve in Geneva or St-tropez. You can go overboard in feeling good, but that's the whole idea.
Food wise, there is the Chef with his Micheline Star... not always guarantee of success, but in this case, I totally recommend a meal or two. Not sure of what wine to go with that fish, let them guide you in choosing something that will make your eating here a success. I have been to many of the world's top food place and have become personal friends with many Chefs like the Rochedy's in Courchevel, Picard in Montreal and the Pied de Cochon and have been invited in the kitchen of Trattoria da Romano in Venice... I do not recommend many eateries, but Marc de Passorio has come up with a unique, what looks like very simple beautiful presented food, yet, if you know anything about food, is all the opposite (nothing is simple in food). Even the Sous-Chef (can't remember his name, he's from Alsace Region) is quite the rising star himself.
Wanna get away from screaming kids, relax and enjoy some "you" time, be located in an amazing region that is close to some of the most mythical regions of France, you cannot stay here at least once during your stay in France.
Staff fully "englishsized", alway willing to go the extra mile... I promise myself to come back at least once a year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vallon de Valrugues is a 5 star Hotel and Spa with 48 rooms and suites, elegant and personalized, partly renovated in 2010. The Hotel is ideally located in a quiet area just 600 meters from the center of Saint Remy de Provence. You will enjoy discovering the gastronomic restaurant Marc de Passorio rewarded by the famous Red Guide with 1 star. The Chef offers as well a simpler cuisine with regional products in the Bistrot Gourmand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Le Vallon de Valrugues & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Le Vallon De Valrugues And Spa
- Hotel Le Vallon De Valrugues St-Remy-De-Provence
- Vallon De Valrugues